Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Wendy's Birthday Celebration in Paris!

Before I get to the birthday celebration, I was able to spend time with Allison at the ISB Middle School activity day.  This year, the theme was the Olympics with a focus on the Special Olympics.  Allison's advisory was Spain, and they had a great time!





Next up was a trip to PARIS!  A group of girlfriends headed to Paris to celebrate my friend Wendy's birthday.  There are a ton of gals here named Wendy.  It's a little crazy.  This is my "pumpkin spice latte, Miami Dolphin, AWCB, been in Belgium longer than any of us" Wendy.  We were so excited to help her celebrate!  First stop was a macaron making class, which was super fun!


Introductions and Instructions!
It's kind of a complicated process, and it takes a lot of time.  But, it's worth it.
The Wendys….#wendysquared
Kate and Ericka
Ericka just LOVES working in the kitchen.  Can you tell?  Hahaha!
Vanessa and Gretchen
Karin and Me!
Your meringue should flip over just like "dees" and hold its shape.  Make sure you said that in your best French accent.
Our ingredients were looking good.  But, apparently, when I added the boiled sugar it was too hot.   Personally, I think the thermometer was a bit off.  Anyway, the result was lumpy meringue.  The world has ended!
And, she let me hear all about my lumpy meringue.  Clearly, I was defeated.  LOL!
Wendy's Angels
Into the oven they go….


The filling went in, and they were ready to eat!  They were all different sizes and some of the filling didn't quite stay in the macaron, but it totally didn't matter.  I am not a huge macaron fan, but these were AMAZING.  There really is a difference in taste when you eat them right out of the oven.  Wow!
Not too many of these macarons actually made it home. They were just too good. Sorry about the closed eyes Gretchen.  It's the only shot I had.
A beautiful day in Paris!

Lunch at one of my favorite restaurants on the Île Saint-Louis.

A flash mob!  They were awesome!
Other spectators
A little shopping of course!

Strolling along the Champs Elysees.
The line was too long, so we skipped it. ;)

Birthday dinner at Hard Rock Cafe!

A stop at the Eiffel Tower to see it sparkle.




Sipping some wine.  And, we were really just sipping because it wasn't very good.
We hung out and chatted with some US students studying in London and visiting Paris for the weekend.

The Love Wall in Montmartre.
"I Love You" is written more than 1,000 times in 300 languages.

The Sacré Cœur

Pumpkin Spice Latte stop!

I like how he smiled for my pic. 
As it happens in Paris, we misjudged our time.  So, we were practically running through the metro station to catch our train.  Vanessa didn't know someone could walk as fast as I can!

Thank you, Wendy, for a terrific time in Paris!  We loved being a part of your birthday celebration.  Where are we headed next year?! ;)

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment