What a fun way to spend New Year's Eve! Ben and Bekah (from Morton) invited us to spend New Year's with their pastor (Scott), his wife (Cat), and another couple from their church. It was such a relaxing and enjoyable evening. Cat and Scott used to live in Hoeilaart and couldn't say enough nice things about the town. That was exciting!! We were so blessed to ring in the New Year with such great folks. Happy New Year to all of you!
A little bubbly to ring in 2012!
Happy New Year from the Vastines!
Chris, Me, Bekah, and Ben
Scott and Cat's beautiful tree...I think it just screams Europe!
Allison and sweet baby Brooklyn

I'm so glad you had a great night and made some new friends!
ReplyDeleteWendy, just found your blog and interested to keep up. My wife and I just finished a two-year assignment in India, came back to the states (Chicago) in December and immediately moved to Orlando for her job.
ReplyDeleteWhile everyone's situation is different, I can certainly appreciate the type of change you and your family are going through. While India and Europe are entirely different, if you ever have any questions about settling into expat life, don't hesitate to reach out via Facebook.
If you're interested, I created a blog for our time abroad:
http://www.johnluth.blogspot.com
And have tried to start one for the repatriation process (though haven't had much time with all of the moving over the past month):
http://www.fromdelhitodisney.com
Best of luck as you start this adventure, without a doubt our time overseas was the greatest experience and opportunity of our life.
John Luth
Just realized as I re-read my published comment that I missed the entire URL on the second blog, it's:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.fromdelhitodisney.blogspot.com