Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Scenes from Soccer Season 2013

Our 2013 soccer season was a bit more hectic than usual.  For the first time, the kids were not playing in the same league, so that involved more practices, weeknight and weekend games, as well as travel to the Netherlands for Allison.  

Allison was a part of the CESSIB (Council of English Speaking Schools in Benelux) soccer team this year through ISB.  This team was made up of 6th and 7th graders from her school.

This was her first season being part of a school team.
Looking incredibly gown up in this picture. 



We watched a lot of games in the rain this season.
I think Allison enjoyed the friendships as much (maybe more) than actually playing.





So close…but no score.  She did score in one of the last games of the year.






Thomas played BSA (Brussels Sports Association) Soccer which is an English speaking league coached by parents.  Games are held at ISB and St. John's International Schools.

Thomas and "Coach" :)

Chris's twin brother Jerry helped him coach one of the games when he was visiting in September.
I know someone who throws her hands on her hips and makes that face all the time…but I won't name names…..We'll just say he gets that look honestly.





The Navy Missiles only win of the season.  Poor guys.  They worked so hard.
Sporting her "away" uniform for a scrimmage at ISB.

She always makes me laugh.

Spectating again.
Last game of the season.

Allison with Coach Janelle and Coach Kelley
Teammates and buddies!  I adore the friendship between these two.
Spectating at her brother's game.
Last game of the season.
November in Brussels is so cold and wet.  With only 29 hours of visible sunlight for the month of November, it was time for the soccer season to come to an end.
The Navy Missiles

I would be remiss if I did not include this picture.  I'm not sure Thomas ever had a dry soccer practice.  Monsoon winds and rain were par for the course.
And, that concludes our soccer season.  Basketball season is already in full swing for Allison.  She will be traveling to Germany this weekend.  Thomas finds out his team next week.  The busy schedule continues!

Until next time,
Wendy





4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting their seasons. Love the action shots. Hope to see them play sports in the near future :-) .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks. I missed you posting so much that I just read the old one over an over!
    -Leksi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of Thomas is SO Aunt Nicole!! Love it!

    Can't wait to see you all when you're in the states!!

    Miss you,
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Jerry was a big help *insert sarcasm* I'm not sure I would have survived all that soccer in the rain! The kids are getting so grown up. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete