Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Friday, November 8, 2013

Fall Break ~ Last Stop...Étretat

If it's good enough for Monet....then it's good enough for the Vastines.  The last stop on our fall break tour was Étretat.  Monet painted 50+ paintings of these magnificent cliffs.  I'm thrilled we were able to see and appreciate them in person.

One of Monet's versions
Vastine version :)
Making our way up to the top of the cliffs.
Still climbing....



"Should we jump?  Do you think Mom and Dad would be mad?"




Chris was pretty sure this was just for practice.  I'm not so sure.

About to be blown away and getting pelted with rain!

For all of you that think my kids always behave for pictures.

Tourists
Can you tell it is really raining now?


My favorite!
A clever way to carry your baguette.


We made our way over to the cliffs on the other side of town.  Clearly it was a steep climb.  



That's me waaaay over there in the black coat.


Making our way back down.  Not a great idea to wear Converse tennis shoes.....
The ceiling in our room.  I LOVE it.  I'm going to have this in a house I live in....someday.
Hotel Ambassadeur was a great place to stay.  We had the room at the very top with a view of the cliffs.

And, that concludes our fall break trip.  Thank you so much for reading!

Until next time,
Wendy










No comments:

Post a Comment