Once upon a time, a beautiful boy was born. It was a Wednesday night, just like tonight, and we had been anxiously awaiting his arrival. This was an arrival we thought would happen much earlier. I had been dilated to a three for twenty-one days! Would he ever get here?? On March 26, 2003, the day had finally come! After just ten minutes, he was here!
 |
| Our first picture together. |
 |
| He was a big boy at 9 lbs. and 21 inches long. |
 |
| Allison was just 21 months old. It was a little like having two babies at home. Would we ever sleep again? |
 |
| Someday, he will really hate us for this…. |
 |
| So content in the middle of the family room. |
 |
| This photo hung in the Kroger photo lab for quite some time. The ladies that worked there loved him! |
 |
| On the move! |
And, eleven years later…here we are. A boy who loves soccer and basketball, horseback riding, and playing the baritone and piano. The iPad is never far from his fingertips, and the only thing he really wanted for his birthday was a YouTube account (which he didn't get.) He is smart and funny and loving (asks for a hugs everyday.) I just wish I could bottle it up and keep him this way forever.
 |
| I found him a Goonies card….Hey You Guys!!! |
 |
| He received the scooter he has been wanting (not as much as the YouTube account.) We will also help him pick out a bike this weekend. |
 |
| No time for a cake. We have places to be…. (oh Allison) |
 |
| It's off to Dublin for a few days. As I write, he is snuggled in bed playing on his iPad in the hotel. It's a perfect end to a birthday for him. |
Happy Birthday, Thomas! We love you so very much. Thank you for being you!
Love,
Mom
Happy, happy belated birthday, Sir Thomas! I hope that you and your family are having a wonderful time in Dublin!
ReplyDeleteLove,
"Miss Julie"
Happy Birthday to my Thomas! I love you more than words can say. Thanks for all of your HUGS, but grandma wants lots more :). XOXOXO
ReplyDelete