Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ski Trip to Garmisch-Partenkirchen {The Final Installment}

This is the last of the ski trip posts.  I am sure you are relieved. ;)
We were able to visit another ski jump!  This is the first Olympic ski jump from the 1936 Olympic Games in Garmisch-Partenkirchen.  Hitler gave the closing ceremony speech here.  Thank you to Melonee for the pictures.  We only visited at night and couldn't get a good shot.

Wednesday ~ The second day of ski school.  Lunch was one of my favorite parts.  We had so much fun together.  That is Conor, our fearless instructor, in the green.  He was terrific!
Beer makes you a better skier. ;)
The kids skied on the mountain today.  Look at those smiles!  They loved it!
Time for some family skiing after lessons.
Kristina and Jack
Due to varying abilities, the 12 kids in our group were in several different ski lessons.  They enjoyed getting together at the end of the day and skiing with one another.
Chris and Thomas riding the bunny hill lift.
Kristina and Michelle
Mini Me

Chris and Thomas….Thomas didn't use poles until the last day.
We bonked helmets trying to get this picture.  Hahahaha!
Too cute!
Thursday ~ A gorgeous sunny day!
Jack broke his wrist/arm snowboarding :( :(, so he hung out with us for lunch.  Poor guy!
Post ski school pic.

What a view!
The Kring girls

I'm not sure what is up with my cheek??  Can you tell we are blinded by the sunshine!

The mamas on the slopes.
Family shot!


Taking the gondola back down to the lodge.

Thursday night, we stopped to see the Olympic ski jump, and then we were off to a gorge tour.  It was great!  We walked with torches through a dark gorge with melting ice crashing to the ground that sounded like it might crush us!  No really…it was cool, and the kids loved it!

Just like Goonies!

Kids with fire?  Maybe not such a good idea….
The whole group!





We stopped for soup and dessert after the tour.

They are too funny!
It was DELICIOUS!
We tried to eat the whole thing.
Friday ~ This was our last ski day.  The kids participated in their ski school races.  It's hard to believe they had never skied three days ago.  They did such a great job.  This is Thomas!
And, here's Allison!
Relaxing after the race.
Chris and I finally had some time to ski together.  I must say we are not at all on the same level.  Chris has no fear, and I am Captain Cautious.  It made for some interesting runs.

In an effort to get to the top, we had to take some runs that I was not at all comfortable with.  There was some cussing, crying, and pouting, but I made it to the bottom of the first slope….eventually.   
Kristina and Torben caught up with us and joined us on our journey to the top.
The boys on the little lift.
Getting higher!
Mountain man! 
So pretty!
Chris, Kristina, and Torben
Torben literally talked me off this cliff!  Hahaha!  I really didn't think I could do it, but he encouraged me to take it slow and move side to side.  I really didn't have much trouble at all.  I was so proud of myself!!!
I had to prove I was up here.
We made it to the red arrow!  I was so anxious to see the beautiful views.

But in true Vastine fashion….it was a total WHITE OUT!!!  #@$#$%@#
Hahaha!
Smile!!!  (Even though you can't see a thing….) 

We picked up the kids from ski school.  They loved finally being able to ride the six man lift.
Narwhals??….strange…strange…children

We pulled the shield over the lift because the snow was coming down like crazy!
It was snowing so hard it hurt.  The fog was making it a challenge to see as well, so we called it a day and went back to the lodge for ski school race awards.

I think they are the cutest!  But, I might be biased….

Catching snowflakes!
Congratulations kiddos! First place for Allison and third place for Thomas!


And, that concludes our first family ski trip.  We loved it, and we are already working on plans for next year.  We can't wait!!!

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment