Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Friday, April 18, 2014

Spring Break 2014 Last Day in Cinque Terre :(

On our last day in Cinque Terre, we wanted to hit all five towns.  The day before, the trains were on strike, and today all of the hiking trails were closed.  Finally, something worked in our favor.  Thankfully, we chose to hike the day before!  So for our last day, we bought a day pass for the trains and off we went.
Breakfast was at the Blue Marlin again.  This was our waiter, and we are assuming maybe the owner of the restaurant.  When he saw me that morning he yelled Mommy and gave me a huge hug.  The kids were dying and weirded out.  Hahaha!  He really wasn't as crazy as he looks.  We were actually short one coffee, so I passed mine over to Thomas and waited for him to come back, so we could order another.  When he saw that I was without a drink he gave me the sweetest smile and said, "Moms are like the wind and the rain.  They are the same everywhere." It touched my heart.
First stop was Corniglia since we had not been there yet.  Corniglia is the only town without boat access  After getting off the train, we had to climb this to get to the town.  That was quite a staircase!



Teaching them young!
He's twerking…..

The views from Corniglia were outstanding!


If Rick Steeves has endorsed an establishment in Cinque Terre, you will know about it.  Our waiter at dinner said. "That Mr. Rick Steeves must be a very wealthy man.  I see people carrying his little blue book everywhere!"  That's the truth!


Our next stop was Manarola.




Then we were off to Riomaggiore.

The kids really wanted to swim, so they decided to be brave and jump in the little harbor from the rocks.  It wasn't even 65 degrees, and the sun was going in and out.  In my opinion, they were crazy!
I love that expression!


All smiles, but they were freezing!

Those were some very cold hands!

Our view as we waited for the train to take us to Monterosso.

 Monterosso
They just wanted to climb the big rock.
 And finally, home to Vernazza!


I ran all the way up there in ballet flats to get the shot before sunset.  Now that is dedication!



I don't think we will every fill our jug this full…..

We were sad to leave Cinque Terre, but maybe one day if we are lucky we will get to return.  Stay tuned for adventures in Lucca and Volterra.

Until next time,
Wendy


1 comment:

  1. Cinque Terre is the only place I have pinned on Pinterest that I want to visit someday! It was one of my first pins. You took a picture that looks EXACTLY like it. LOL So gorgeous.*sigh* someday when I sell a million books.

    ReplyDelete