We've reached the end of our spring break week. Thursday was our last day touring Lake Como, so we decided to head back to the group fave Varenna. It was a gorgeous day!
![]() |
| I mean seriously...this was my lunch view. |
| More gelato of course! |
![]() |
| I win for the biggest gelato...when in Italy.... |
We should have given Menaggio a little more credit. Once you walked a little further from port, it was super cute!
The drive back to Carate Urio was interesting. This semi hauling a full load of hay somehow missed hitting us! I was pretty sure he was coming through the windshield. The roads just weren't big enough. I'm not going to lie. I'm glad Karin was driving.
| EEEEEEEK!!!!! |
![]() |
| You know you're doing pretty well when you have a house on Lake Como, with your own funicular, and a dog guarding your giant gate! |
Mom guilt! We should have eaten here (Acquadolce) while the guys were still with us.
It. Was. Amazing!
| The food was amazing, that view was incredible, and the company was second to none (even more so if the dads were with!) |
Friday morning, we were off to Milan!
![]() |
| The beautiful Duomo...and my beautiful girl. :) |
I had one goal...for the kids to see The Last Supper. Mission accomplished! No photos inside, so the admission ticket is proof.
Next on the agenda was walking on the rooftop of the Duomo. This is much more fun than actually seeing the inside. Which in fact, we did not do. The kids weren't interested. They are "cathedraled" out. I will say though that it is really beautiful inside (saw it on another trip here.)
![]() |
| She is kind of hilarious! |
| There are beautiful things to see in Milan. But I'm not going to lie. It's not my favorite. I think one day is plenty! |
We watched Ocean's Eleven when we returned to the apartment. We had to. We were George's neighbors for a whole week. Kids loved it!
![]() |
| Thanks Karin for bringing the Apple TV! |
Saturday morning, we started our long trek back to Belgium with a detour.....
| The drive through Switzerland was breathtaking! |
Here's the detour...we stopped in Liechtenstein! It is only 62 square miles with a population of 35,000 people. That is one tiny country! It is actually called a microstate.
![]() |
| The Prince lives in that castle overlooking the capital city of Vaduz. |
Proof we were there!
In researching our stop, we found you could walk out on this covered bridge and be in both Liechtenstein and Switzerland at the same time. Cool! We were worried we wouldn't find it....but let's remember just how small this place it. It was literally the first thing we passed by.
![]() |
| Standing in two countries! Where are the kids you ask?? They are in the car watching Spiderman because walking across a covered bridge is lame. Time to go home. |
That concludes our fantastic spring break. Blogging just makes me want to go back. Thank you to the Smith family for sharing it with us. Stay tuned for more adventures!
Until next time,
Wendy










Wow, driving into Switzerland is amazing! Looks like a very fun time with the Smith's.
ReplyDelete