Allison was off on another ADVENTURE with ISB. Her 8th grade class spent the week in Normandy! She was gone from Monday to Friday.
| Ready for a great trip! |
Thomas had the opportunity to play in the ISB pep BAND. A spirit night was hosted to support our softball and baseball teams.
| Loving every minute of it! |
Allison returned just in time to join in on the fun!
| The taco truck was there. YUM!!! |
Face painting was obviously a lot of fun.
| It went from this.... |
| To this! Yikes! |
The kids at ISB are beyond talented. This is one of the bands that has formed amongst the students. So good!!
On Saturday morning, the DETERS family arrived!! We were so excited to have them visiting from Geneva, Switzerland. Two Morton families taking on Brussels. Get ready!
| The girls loved the waffles!! |
![]() |
| A stop at hip hop Manny. |
![]() |
| Fast friends! |
A stop at the Palace of Justice. It's much prettier once you get past the scaffolding.
The parents!
Photo op in front of the Royal Palace.
This right here was a huge success! Joni found a beer she likes!! Too bad you either have to get it at this bar, pay 15 euro a bottle in selected beer shops, or drive to the northwest of corner of Belgium to pick it up (only after you have spent hours trying to reserve two cases!) I have another one for her to try that is much more accessible. She won't be disappointed.
| Yep, that's what we ordered! |
Dinner at the Comic Cafe
![]() |
| Belgium is home to Tin Tin. |
While the Deters family toured Brugge and Gent on Sunday, we attended a 100 year birthday CELEBRATION. It was in a lovely restaurant and garden in the middle of Brussels.
Thomas and his band performed for the crowd.
Don't they look great for 100?! Two fifties make one hundred. What a fun way for the two of them to celebrate their special birthdays. We were so happy to be a part of it.
On Monday, we were off to Waterloo to see the Butte du Lion and the new museum.
![]() |
| Made it to the top! |
Brian (history teacher) enlightening us.
I love this photo! Thanks to our resident teenager with the stellar selfie skills.
The new Battle of Waterloo Museum is really fantastic.
| How many times can you watch the virtual head fall into the basket? |
| Dozens!! LOL! |
| If you have not been, you really need to check it out! |
Lunch in Leuven
| Brian, Joni, and Girls Thank you for a terrific visit! We had such a great time showing you Brussels. |
That evening was Hoeilaart Wine Night. I decided it was time to try steak tartare/filet Americain. I really can't tell you the difference between the two. But, I can tell you that I ate raw beef and a raw egg. I finished the whole thing. And, I will never order it again.
| The treats from Brian and Joni were much better. This lasted about 30 minutes in our household. So delicious! |
May 28th, Allison got braces!!!
There are still more visitors to come in May! Stay tuned for more fun!!
Until next time,
Wendy













So good to see the Deters family. Looks like a great time, and I see Thomas has a new friend. :)
ReplyDelete