I thought this day would never come!!! Kathie and Diane were finally coming to Brussels. Kathie and I had talked about her visiting so often, but we just weren't sure it was going to happen. Oh happy day when they arrived on May 29th!!!
 |
| Okay...so maybe this is not the way I wanted DAY 1 to start. A belt broke and brought my car to a stand still. Thankfully, I was not far from home. Unfornately, the car would not be returned to us for three more days. We had to make due. By the way, Kathie was at the house sleeping and missed all of the fun. |
 |
| Picking up the kids from school! They were just as excited as I was! |
 |
| Dinner at Brasserie Bavaria. It's a little bit of Germany right here in the middle of Belgium. The jagerschnitzel is to die for! |
We spent Saturday in Ghent (Gent) since it is one of our favorites. Everyone who comes to Belgium visits Brussels and Brugge, but if you can squeeze in Ghent, you should!
 |
| Climbing the Belfry. |
 |
| We climb up there, so we can see these gorgeous views! |
 |
| Love these girls! |
 |
| I know I have posted hundreds of pictures of Ghent, but I just love it. |
 |
| Enjoying his mussels. He eats the whole pot. Hard to believe when we moved here in 2011 that he only ate chicken nuggets and hot dogs. How things change! |
Saturday night, we enjoyed a going away dinner for Jay and Janet. We don't enjoy the fact that they are leaving. We endured the evil stares at dinner since we were so loud. Can't help it. We love being together. Drinks on a rooftop in Brussels was a great way to top off a perfect evening.
Sunday morning, Chris ran the Brussels 20km. Once again, he did an awesome job. We had a celebratory lunch at Hard Rock Cafe.
 |
| A family pic in front of the Manneken Pis. We adopted a new family member. ;) |
Monday morning, we were off to Brugge. We were thrilled to have Janet along for the ride that day. It would be her last trip to Brugge for a while. Such a fun day!
 |
| We had to do a boat ride...of course! |
 |
| Hooray for blue skies!!! |
 |
| My favorite puppy was in the window. |
 |
| Me and my girl together in Europe!! |
 |
| My view at lunch...ridiculous! |
 |
| A quick stop to see the Madonna and Child by Michelangelo. So now when they watch The Monuments Men, they can say, "I saw that!" |
 |
| Raclette...it's what's for dinner! |
 |
| Enjoying an evening walk around Chateau de la Hulpe. |
Our next stop was Monschau, Germany.
 |
| Why yes, we had lunch in Germany. That's still so much fun to say! |
 |
| Chocolate stop on the way home. Yum...and slightly painful after you eat way too much. I always say I am going to take it easy in there. And, I never ever do! |
Coffee at my favorite coffee shop ~ Café de la Presse
 |
| They make the most incredible caramel macchiato! |
And, that is only the beginning of the fun. Stay tuned for more adventures with these girls!
Until next time,
Wendy
So happy they made it there. Can't wait to see the rest of their trip.
ReplyDelete