I can't finish Budapest without including pictures from my iPhone. After all, some of my best shots are with that thing. Here is a rundown of the magnificent city through a different lens.
 |
| Hero's Square |
 |
| Our apartment was huge. Originally two apartments made into one, we could have taken another family with us and shared the space. And, for 390 euros for FOUR nights, you can't pass it up! |
 |
| The Hungarian State Opera House |
 |
| Thomas's future car. ;) |
 |
| Iquana...a Mexican restaurant recommended by a couple we met at the airport. We'll just say that Belgium has no clue how to make Mexican food, so when we find a good spot, we eat there...even if it is in Budapest, Hungary. These crazy Americans miss their Mexican food. What can I say? |
 |
| Shoes on the Danube Promenade |
 |
| Mom needs to get in some pictures once in a while. |
 |
| This gorgeous buffet was in our apartment. Too bad it exceeded the size limit for a Ryan Air carry-on. :) |
 |
| We were thinking of you Douglas family. |
 |
| Herend Porcelain is made in Budapest. I had never heard of it until I chatted with another American at the car wash just a few days before our trip. I think God made sure we met. What do you think? :) I was able to take a piece home, and I LOVE it. But, I purchased my plate from a second hand shop for a much more reasonable price. |
 |
| KFC stop....similar to Mexican food stop. |
 |
| Smooches...he asked me not to put in on Facebook. He didn't mention the blog. ;) |
 |
| A-MAZ-ING! |
 |
| Pretty much what every restaurant advertises. |
 |
| Ready to start a long morning walk. |
 |
| The Cave Church |
 |
| Instagramming (is that a verb now?) |
 |
| A shot of our hike....start on the far left, cross the bridge, up the hill, down the hill, and over the white bridge. |
 |
| Hard Rock Cafe....of course (similar to KFC and Mexican food.) I swear we ate local food too. |
 |
| Cute Beatles dolls for my mom to see. |
 |
| Enjoying the Széchenyi Thermal Baths |
 |
| A little archery practice |
 |
| Would have been a beautiful view without cloud cover and fog. |
 |
| Dinner at Spoon. Loved the view of the Chain Bridge. |
 |
| The bridge is beautiful at night. |
 |
| Doing the fish spa. They have wanted to do it for months. It was cheap, so we finally said yes. |
 |
| One beer, three Cokes, four sausages, and some potatoes....40 euros. Biggest rip off meal to date in Europe. |
 |
| The next Vanna White. |
 |
| Dessert at Cafe New York...pretty sure we couldn't afford to eat a whole meal there. |
 |
| Breathtaking view |
 |
| Blinded by the light. |
 |
5:00 A.M. at the airport. Eating KFC. Doesn't every family do this?
And, that concludes our visit to Budapest. Thanks for reading!
Until next time, Wendy |
KFC chicken for breakfast . . . perhaps you will start a new trend! Great photos, Wendy! Oh, I so want to travel all over Europe someday.
ReplyDeleteJulie