Before I get to Dinant, I have to tell you about an exciting development. My friend Ericka and I are expanding our photography skills by taking classes, participating in projects, and putting ourselves out there to take pictures for others. I've been photographing friends for a while now, but this step makes it more official. You can follow us at wephotography.be. And, you can also find us on Facebook at WE Photography. We would love to hear from you!
Now, on to Dinant!
The last day of spring break was just gorgeous, so we headed to Dinant, Belgium. This city, along the banks of the River Meuse, is home to Adolphe Sax. Born here in 1814, Sax was the inventor of (you guessed it) the saxophone.
 |
| You'll see a lot of saxophone's in this post! |
 |
| We visited the citadel overlooking the beautiful city. I love this shot, but I would really like it with a wide angle lens...hint, hint Chris. |
 |
| We spent the day with the Keown family. Allison loves spending time with Preslee. |
 |
| The Belgium flag proudly displayed at the top of the Citadel. |
 |
| There was a great play area at the top along with a café for refreshments. Belgium is really good about making sure the parents are kept happy at playgrounds as well. |
 |
| Sweet E was enjoying the day, but she wasn't feeling well by the end of the day. Poor thing! |
 |
| We had to get some photos at the top. |
 |
| Just a little bit windy! |
 |
| Moms need a picture too...and it's still windy. :) |
 |
| He cracks.me.up! |
 |
| As you walk through the citadel, they have rooms set up to look as they did back in the day. This was the area where they were baking bread. And, this mouse on the "flour" was not part of the original plan. Looks like the flour didn't agree with him...GAG! |
 |
| Who is this guy??? Who knows??? What the heck? |
 |
| Disneyland Paris had a sand sculpture display set up in the citadel. That was a nice surprise. |
 |
| They were really impressive! |
 |
| Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum |
 |
| The Keown Family |
 |
| This was the first day of my photography project. I had to photograph something that started with the letter A. Easy enough. |
 |
| While taking the cable car, Allison talked the whole way up and the whole way down about how it could fall, break, and crash to the ground. Shut it girl! |
 |
| My boy and the glorious sunshine. |
 |
| Taking the bridge to the other side to get a shot of the church and citadel. |
 |
| More saxophones |
 |
| A really beautiful city! |
 |
The whole crew! Thank you Keown family for joining us for a great day!
Until next time, Wendy |
Wow, Wendy! I played the alto sax all through my junior high and high school years and never once learned about its origin. Thank you for sharing this post. Best wishes to you and your friend with the photography classes . . . I know that you will do just fine!
ReplyDeleteJulie