I'm officially WAY behind on my blogging. Allison is going to blog her Florence trip, but it will have to wait until she is finished with school. One. More. Week! We are SO ready.
A couple of weeks ago, I did something far more adventurous than usual. My friend Lucinda wanted us to do the "Dinner in the Sky". I had never heard of it, so I Googled it, and my immediate reaction was NO WAY! But, she is persuasive, and after some discussion with the hubby, it was decided that only I would do it. It was expensive! In the end, it was just the girls that did it, and the guys went for dinner and drinks and had a fabulous time.
 |
| Our dinner table! |
 |
| And our crane...ready to hoist us 140 ft. into the air. |
 |
| One last picture before dinner....just in case you know. :) |
 |
| Complimentary champagne was served before dinner. I'm sure that was to ease the jitters. It worked. |
 |
| The men anxiously waiting for us to get this started. |
 |
| Lucinda and Shirley looking lovely and ready to go! |
 |
| "Hi Guys!" Can you see them way down there?? |
 |
| Luckily, I'm not afraid of heights. |
 |
| Dinner being prepared. |
 |
| The Palace of Justice in the distance. |
 |
| We also had a nice view of the Atomium. |
 |
| Our chef working on dinner. |
 |
| Claire and her new friend Kevin from the UK. |
 |
| Hey! These chairs recline. |
 |
| A beautiful sunset. |
 |
| The most unflattering shot of me EVER! |
 |
| Chef's shot! I love this one! |
 |
| And, this was the fun we were able to have after dinner. |
 |
And finally, this is what we looked like. Wow!
It was a great experience, and I'm thrilled that Lucinda talked me into it.
Until next time, Wendy |
Wow, this is pretty cool, but not sure I could do it. Great foursome to do it together. Great pictures.
ReplyDeleteHi, Wendy! Now, how was the meal? Was it worth the cost? Also, we were wondering what one would do if the restroom were needed during dinner. Of course, my men said . . . well you have two, so you can imagine what they said they would do without a restroom! :) Congrats to Allison on her first-chair position in the orchestra . . .WONDERFUL!! Blessings to all!!
ReplyDelete