Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Christmas Trip to the USA {Part 1}

On Thursday, December 19th, we set off for home to celebrate Christmas.  We just happened to be at the Brussels Airport with most of the ISB teachers and countless ISB families.  Tis the day for traveling.  A stop at Starbucks was in order before our flight to Chicago and then on to Moline.
Addicts
Flying into Moline and seeing SNOW!
Greeted by the sweetest four year old who also has great taste in shirts.  The only stipulation was I was not allowed to kiss him.  
The familiar sights of home.
This one was all smiles having us home!
Friday morning, we set off for Morton.  Chris had an appointment in Peoria, and the kids had their annual holiday piano recital.  Our friend Andy picked the kids and I up in Peoria (with a Diet Mountain Dew just for me) and took us straight to the junior high.  Allison was going to spend the morning with her best friend.

Seeing each other after being apart for one year.  Still gives me tears!

And, I got to see my dear friend Valerie!!  
Thomas and I headed over to Lincoln!  It just happened to be the All School Sing.  I always loved the last day of school before break.  So festive and exciting.  On this day though, I watched from the hall as a visitor.  I don't think I'll ever get used to that.
Buddies reunited!  So happy together.
So happy to see my girls.
When Kathie and I saw each other….it happened….the ugly cry…from both of us.  I couldn't help it.
And, my dear Andrea!
Sharing lunch together at Lincoln.  Funny thing is…they forgot to invite me.  I was heading out to get Culvers only for them to realize I was not aware of the lunch I was supposed to be attending.  Hilarious!
Next, we were off to Mrs. Witzig's house for the annual piano recital.  Each of her students performs one Christmas piece.  Short and sweet!

These two make me smile.
They have grown up so much.  I think they were three when they started dancing together.
Yes, I made Jack take a picture with me, because even in third grade, Jack didn't like having his picture with me.  He is fun to torture. ;)
The kids with their piano teacher.  We Skype lessons with her every week.
After piano, we were thrilled to spend the afternoon with the Johnsons.  We were just missing Mark, Ryan, Katie, Sara, and Greg.  Way back in 1995, they took me under their wing and treated me like family when I was young and single teacher.  I adore that we have stayed close and my kids get to love them too.
Dinner that night was at La Fiesta with our friends Scott and Stephanie.  How did we not get a picture??  It was so nice to spend time with them and enjoy some good margaritas.
Jet lag had set in.  Time to head back to Grandma's in Moline.

More Christmas fun to come….
Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment