This post would be a lot more festive if I had actually done it prior to Christmas. But, with the Christmas rush, blogging was not in the cards. So, now it is time to do a little catching up since we are back from our whirlwind trip to the US.
In early December, our family went to the Grand Place for dinner at Hard Rock (of course) and were thrilled to finally see the Christmas tree and light show set up for the Brussels Christmas market. We never did make it to the actual market this year (darn it), but the new LED lights and beautiful tree were a must see.
With all of these people in the Grand Place, it was was a little tricky to get a shot without people walking by.
And, that's how this happened…..
Ericka and I flippantly discussed how fun it would be to go down to the Grand Place in the middle of the night to get pictures without any people in them. And, within about two minutes, it was decided we would go the next night. A friend recommended a webcam for the Grand Place, so I could verify the lights were on and not waste a trip down there at 1:00 AM. Yes, you read that right. 1:00 AM! The husbands were not too thrilled the two of us were heading down there in the middle of the night, but who is going to mess with us? Hahaha!
Once down there, we got our wish. Much of the city center was deserted!
| Galeries Royale Saint-Hubert |
| I wish I could have moved those obnoxious white signs around the tree. |
| Glistening cobblestones are a favorite! |
| These three intoxicated lads wanted me to take their picture. Alright boys, and you even made the blog. Congrats! |
| The crèche had live sheep in the middle of the Grand Place. |
| Ericka took it upon herself to move the can. |
| This made it all worth it! |
| A little more wide angle distortion |
| My partner in crime! |
And, that is one of the best nights I have ever had at the Grand Place. Thank you, Ericka for the sharing the fun with me!
Until next time,
Wendy
I really enjoyed this blog and the magnificent pictures. I must say that as your mom, it made me quite nervous finding out hat you were there in the middle of the night. You and Erica are quite the team :-). Thanks for sharing your hard work. It makes me so proud of you. Love you!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are crazy, but what a story you can tell both in words and pictures! So cool!!
ReplyDeleteFantastic shots!!
ReplyDelete