We set out on Saturday in search of paradise. The vacation rental owner had given us a list of his favorite beaches, so we put the coordinates (not address) in the GPS and off we went. We arrived at the first beach fairly certain we were not at the owners favorite beach, but we thought we would give it a shot anyway. What a sweet surprise we found....


 |
It was a beautiful beach with terrific waves. But, it was a hard sell for the kids. They had such a fantastic time the day before that this beach wasn't up to their standards. ;) The common complaints were, "This beach isn't as much fun...or the water has seaweed...the beach has trash on it!" Really??? I believe I actually uttered the words, "You are spoiled rotten American children!" Gosh, this beach in Mallorca, Spain just won't work for us....PLEASE PEOPLE!
I will say that I have pinned some pictures of Mallorca on Pinterest, and we really hadn't found that sort of paradise I had seen in pictures. So, off we went to the next destination. With a little tweak of the coordinates in the GPS, we were no longer headed straight into the sea, and we found Calo Des Moro! The favorite beach that was recommended to us! Yay!!!! |
 |
| And, this is what we found. How about this for a first view of the area!! |
 |
| Wow! God's creation...truly AMAZING! |
 |
| Family photo shoots were an obvious MUST! |
 |
| The Wheatleys! |
 |
The Michaels! Someone doesn't look happy...but the important thing is she is looking. :) |
 |
| With a bit of hiking, this is what we found. As I approached, I could see the blue water in the distance and just kept saying, "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!!!" It was breathtaking! It was going to exceed my expectations! |
 |
| Then there was actually getting down to the beach. It was tricky! The beach itself was very small with large rocks, but we had a rockstar spot right on the water! |
 |
| Enjoying paradise! |
 |
| After that location, we walked to another swimming spot very close by. The boys enjoyed the climbing while.... |
 |
| my preteen enjoyed the sunning. |
 |
| Windmills can be found all over Mallorca. They were used by farmers to grind grain and pump water. There are 3,000 windmills on the island with some dating back to the seventeenth century. Thank you to the Internet for this bit of information. |
 |
| After our beautiful day at the beach, we returned to the house to go out to dinner. This lovely area was just outside our back door. What a great spot for more pictures. ;) |
 |
| Sweet friends! You would never know they are three years apart...except that Allison is a head taller! |
 |
| Beautiful sights on our walk to dinner. |
 |
We had a terrific dinner and returned to the house with seven tired kids. Rest was needed as we had one more half day to enjoy the beach. More on that beach tomorrow!
Until next time, Wendy |
My Dear Vastine Family,
ReplyDeleteAll I can say is . . .W - O - W!!! Nice trip! (I am a wee bit envious.)
Love,
Julie