Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Druivenfestival 2012

I typically do not skip a week of blogging, but it seems everything in life has prevented me from doing so.  Here's my excuse list:
1.  I'm coordinating the Hints for Living in Belgium course at the American Women's Club.  I spend each night working on binders, agendas, food coordination, speakers, etc.  The class starts this Tuesday.  As my teacher friends can relate, the nightmares have already started.
2.  I'm a part of the Family Association at school, and I have things like champagne brunches to attend. Rough life I know.
3.  The kids are back in school which means helping them stay organized, getting homework done, practicing violin and piano, and French lessons too...and this week are adding soccer and dance to our agenda.  Feels just like I am back in Morton.  I sure did enjoy my first six months of leisure.
4. Trip planning...which take A LOT of time.  Again, rough life I know.
5.  Lunch dates and shopping with friends.  I admit that is really not a good excuse. :)
6.  I'm tired! 

But, we've been having a super fun time!  Here's a glimpse of our weekend....
We had friends over Friday night to watch the Bears vs. Packers.  It was televised at an unreasonable time for us on Thursday evening, so we had a viewing party on Friday.
Good friends, food, and fun! We should have thought of this picture before Shayna and friends went home. :(
And, as you know the game was riveting!  Can't you tell?!?
This weekend is our Druivenfestival or Grape Festival in Hoeilaart!  It made missing the Pumpkin Festival in Morton a little more manageable.  I think missing the festival was the hardest on me.  Those four days rank right up there with Christmas and Halloween!
We had to have frites...of course!
The bumper cars were super fun, but I didn't post this picture just to showcase my girl and the bumper cars...check out that wall art!  We're not in Morton anymore!
Oh my...thank goodness we found these One Direction bracelets for sale at the festival.  She's just a tad bit excited!
I love those faces!  Just like their favorite ride at the Pumpkin Festival.... 
Only the ride at the Pumpkin Festival is called 1001 Nachts...this one is called Sex Dance.  And, how about the art on the ride?!?  Nothing will ever shock my children again! 
These cars are the latest craze.  Move over Smart Car.  There's something even smaller!  A one seater car with about a half of a seat behind.  I'm sure you have to take out quite an insurance policy on this thing.  One tap and you're done for!
We picked up some local grapes.  Look at the size of them!
Saturday evening, Allison performed in a talent show to raise money for Autism Europe.  Miss Ari, on the left, was the fabulous hostess who decided to give to others rather than to receive for her birthday.  Ari is one of the kindest, funniest, hardworking, spunky, and genuine young ladies I know.  She gets it honestly though...you should meet her parents!  

She did a fantastic job!  Such a proud mom and dad!
The talented performers!

Sunday and back to the festival

The festival was more fun when shared with friends.

I thought you would enjoy this picture of some of the performers.  Now those were some interesting outfits.... 

I can assure you that he hated every moment of this ride!


Look at all the air little M is getting over there!
The streets were lined with items for sale.  I really should have bought this.  Not sure what I would have done with them or that I even wanted them, but I might have missed something valuable here.
A glimpse of the beautiful commune building!

The evening closed with a fantastic dinner with friends.  It's back to school tomorrow, but it's only a three day week!  The kids are excited for our big adventure this weekend.  Stay tuned!

Until next time,
Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment