Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Visit to Mo-Town...Saving the Best for Last!

The last few days in the states were spent visiting our friends in Morton.  While this isn't the town I grew up in, it is the town I call home.  Actually, I did grow up here in a sense.  I started my career in this town, met my husband, bought a house, had children...you get the idea.  Although our time to visit was short, we made the most of it seeing as many friends as we could.  
Lunch at LaFiesta with my bunco friends and Lincoln moms.
A fantastic night at Alexanders with amazing friends.
A picture with the hubbies!
These kiddos have been friends since they were babies.  
My fourth grader with his girl...a seventh grader.  At least he thinks she is his girl. ;)  And, he is so proud of the fact that he is taller!
Miss Maddie and Thomas....we sure miss having her babysit!
The Vastines and Knepps
Love these two...Allison and I were just discussing how different the two of them really are.  Their interests vary so much, but they are the best of friends.  Being away from her is the hardest part for Allison.  We still have a lot of tears over missing Leksi.  It happened again just two nights ago.

My BFF. :)  It's not so easy being away from her either. :(
The grown up version of the Knepps and Vastines :)

The Vastine and Phillips kids...we were just missing Josh.  My kids like to just move into their house when we come home.  I'm so glad they accomodate us.  They are really more like siblings.  What a special friendship they have.
Sweet friends!
And, if you ever want to run into someone in Morton, I suggest a stop at Cracker Barrel.  I saw SEVEN friends while I was there.  What a treat!!!  Breakfast with these dear friends was the perfect ending to our time in Morton.

Hope to see all of our Morton friends again very soon.  After leaving Morton, it was back to Moline for one night with my family.  Then it was home to Belgium for a very exciting January!  More on that in the coming days.

Until next time!
Wendy

7 comments:

  1. This about made me cry. We enjoyed our time with you! So glad we got to hang out with you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. In our group photo, you and Chris look quite European in your sweaters while we look ridiculously Illinois in our shirts! Pretty funny, really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...how sweet is this post? You have to get the Knepps over here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea...I did cry. Wendy- I am still feeling the "God Wink". So fun to look back on the time you had here and see the sweetness of each memory made.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy...with the Phillipian children...you are missing Josh and Walker. haha :) He was so happy to see you and share a bowl of chili.

    ReplyDelete