Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas is Here!

Christmas is finally here!  On the night of the 23rd, after the kids go to bed, the adults get to open their gifts to each other.  It is always so much fun!
Mom got a very special bracelet from Mike.  All good things come in little blue bags. :) 
Nicole's gift theme was "Wendy's favorite things" from Belgium, and these are just a few of my faves!
 Christmas Eve, we always go to my Papa's house.  I've never spent Christmas Eve anywhere else.  I hope we have many more years of celebrating Christmas at his house.  But first, there is always a little family photo shoot.  






Mom and her girls!
 I didn't get the memo about wearing red?!?
The Vastines!

Santa ALWAYS comes to Papa's house, and he is a Bears fan!  Thomas received his Peppers jersey from Santa.  Wow!  Was he excited!

The cousins...just missing Ryan...our only boy!
Back at Grandma's and ready for bed.  I'm sure they will hate me one day over these pajamas.
The goods from Santa.  They were VERY excited about their Kindles.
This was the extra special gift of the year.  I never thought this day would come.  It was so hard to keep this surprise.  They are reading about a weekend trip we will take to London in February.  On Saturday, we will do the Harry Potter Studio tour.  I LOVE Thomas' reaction, and on Sunday.....
We are going to the One Direction concert.  I'm pretty sure this is the same reaction I would have had if I was told I was going to a Duran Duran concert back in 1984.  What a lucky girl!!  Thomas is currently refusing to go and begging us to sell his ticket. :)
Grandma had Christmas dinner and Papa joined us along with Aunt Jackie, Uncle Joey, and Aubry.
We spent time in Moline until December 28th.  Our time was filled with eating Whiteys...
Lots of shopping....
And dinner at Texas Roadhouse.  Mom and Nicole surprised me with an early birthday gift.  I just LOVE it!
It was a wonderful time spent at Grandma's house.  Stay tuned as we are off to Chicago to spend time with the Vastines.

Until next time,
Wendy

1 comment: