It was time for us to continue our journey around the state of Illinois. Next stop was Bloomington, Illinois just 2.5 hours south of Jerry and Amy's house. It is tradition to spend New Year's Eve with my friends from college. There are nine of us that danced together at ISU, and our families have become just as close. Last year, we were already in Belgium, so we missed all the fun. We were thrilled to be a part of it this year. But first, we had the pleasure of meeting our friends Brad and Amy at the Pub II for a treat!
 |
Of course, we ate cheese balls! :) We hadn't seen each other in years (except on Facebook), and we picked up right where we left off....well, six kids later! They are coming to Europe in May, and we are thrilled about their stop in Brussels!
Then, it was off to Danielle and Andy's house to see the girls! |
 |
We always take the traditional group shot. We were missing three. :( We've been friends for 20 years! I can't believe how quickly the years have gone, but these girls have brought me more joy than what is measurable. We have shared so many happy times but sad times as well. Boyfriends, weddings, divorces, children, the death of parents and grandparents, infertility, etc....we have experienced just about everything. My wish and prayer for my daughter is that she finds a group of friends she will be able to count on for decades. I always thank God for these girls. I love them so much! |
 |
| There was plenty of delicious food. A great way to end the year before the big diet starts. |
 |
| Hmmm...this was the best shot I could get of the kids. Nice, huh?! LOL! We were interrupting their fun. :) |
 |
| I like this one better of Thomas. ;) But, we were missing some kids in the picture. |
 |
| Of course, there is always a dance party. They get it honestly I tell ya! |
 |
| Not to be outdone by the girls...this boy has some moves! |
 |
| We celebrated the January birthdays as well. I am the oldest of the group. That's not an honor one would usually wish to possess, but there is one perk. On the "big" birthdays, which I am having this year, all of the girls get the same gift when they hit that milestone. For our 30th, everyone received a beautiful Tiffany tag necklace with the heart pendant. So, the perk is....I am the only one that is surprised by what we receive. And, look at the beautiful bracelet they picked out for "us". I love it!!!! |
 |
Thank you girls for the fantastic evening. And, thank you Danielle and Andy for being terrific hosts! Looking forward to seeing three of you this summer in Brussels. Can't wait to get you here!!!
Until next time, Wendy |
No comments:
Post a Comment