Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Friday, February 8, 2013

Lacking Motivation...Until Today!

To say I have been unmotivated is the understatement of the century.  I dropped out of bootcamp last June and have done little since then to stay in shape.  I've gained the 10+ pounds that I lost doing The Biggest Loser at my school nearly two years ago.  I've prided myself on the fact that I kept that weight off even through a move overseas....and to a country that specializes in chocolate, beer, and waffles.  But, the weight has really snuck up on me, and I can see how people fall into a downward spiral.  I walk into the kitchen and grab a handful of M&Ms and think....oh, it won't make that much of a difference.  But, it does!  I see how I've changed in pictures since last spring, and I don't like it.  So, why can't I seem to get it under control???  I watch The Biggest Loser on TV thinking...Wow this show is great and totally motivating.  And, the next day I accomplish everything on my list EXCEPT the exercise part.  Food labels here are frustrating.  I tried to get back on Sparkpeople.com because I had so much success with it during my Biggest Loser stint, but I'm not sure how to calculate the portions here that are in metrics and in French.  I'm also missing my hundred calorie packs and easy little snacks that helped me survive a big diet.  Excuses Excuses!  I know.  So, I'm sitting here in the chair...my jeans are at that point where they aren't going to fit much longer.  And, don't even get me started on my muffin top.  I'm totally uncomfortable and something must be done....TODAY!  So, on the way home from school, I clock out a little run through the neighborhood.  You know...the old school way.  I drive my car where I want to run while watching the odometer and praying it will not make me run any farther than I think I should.  Chris uses a Garmin and just sets out, but I like to know what I'm getting myself into before I start.  I'm going to start small.  Maybe even just a mile.  But, I am going to RUN it because I'm going to need to start seeing results fast.  So, as I drive around the neighborhood where I plan to run I think...this isn't so bad.  I'll go one mile out and back.  I can totally do this!  So, I change my clothes and off I go.  I'm completely impressed with my stellar time of a seven minute mile!  Wow!  Really?!?  And, for those of you that know me...you know I DO NOT RUN!  But I'm thinking, I've still got it...chub and all.  I'm almost back to the house and have only walked a short bit of the run (there was a point where I thought a heart attack might happen if I didn't walk.)  I'm even thinking I'll do this tomorrow.  I'm excited!  And, then it hits me...my car measures in kilometers.  Darn it!!!!  But, my 2 kilometer run was better than nothing, and I will be out there again tomorrow.  And, it was much easier to pass up the M&Ms after the run.  Why would I eat those when I just nearly killed myself running two kilometers?!  Hey, it's a start.  I'll keep you posted on my progress!

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment