Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Driving in the Dales

The hardest part of this post is not deciding what to say but choosing which pictures to post.  The scenery was just beautiful.  We are so grateful to Christie and Kolin for taking us on this magnificent drive.  We saw parts of the English countryside we never dreamed we would get to.  Thank you so much!

This is the start of our drive through the North Yorkshire Dales.  It was funny to look back at the pictures from the beginning of the trip because we kept making Kolin stop the car to get out and take pictures.  It's funny because we weren't even to the pretty stuff yet.  Thanks for being such a good sport Kolin!
They are adorable!




Someone got tired of getting out at every stop.

When I was little, we went to SeaWorld.  My dad took about 1000 pictures of Shamu.  I kind of did the same thing with sheep on this trip.

We called this view "The Money Shot."
Thank God for rock walls and self timers. :)


I'm just glad we were in the car and not on the bike.
Beautiful views!





We stopped for lunch in a quaint little town.
I got adventurous and ordered the steak and ale pie.  It was so good!

Some shots I got from the car.  Love them! 

We stopped at Blackhall Rocks which is a park along the North Sea not far from Christie and Kolin's house.


I miss the beach.


Skipping rocks 


Throwing rocks
Climbing rocks




They had the best time!
Taking the road less traveled. 

Having a great time in jolly old England!
 And some iPhone shots....


panoramic


Deciding where to go.  Look how high we were!
My steak and ale pie.  Delish!


We are so thankful for another wonderful trip with the Kirschenmann family.  We are looking forward to more adventures together, but next time it will be back on USA soil.   We wish them all the best in their new home, and we are forever grateful for their encouragement to get us traveling in Europe.  It was that first trip to Scotland that started all of this fun and adventure.  If Christie hadn't booked our airfare and hotel, I'm not sure when we would have left Belgium.  What a blessing they are in our lives.  

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment