Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Welcoming the Wurths to Belgium!

Nothing makes me happier than visitors!  Brad and Amy had a trip to Paris for Brad's business, and we were thrilled they wanted to spend a couple days at the end of their trip to visit our family in Brussels.  Brussels and Brugge were on the agenda for the tourists! 

First stop was the Grand Place.  Amy follows this blog, so I really don't think it was much of a surprise for her.  I've only posted about 200 pictures of the Grand Place in the last 17 months. :)
Waffles!  She LOVED them and made the wisest choice of all...Nutella.  Oh so yummy!!!
I love that our friendship has stood the test of time.  The husbands played soccer together in college/post college, and Amy and I met being spectators.  We didn't see each other a whole lot after that but with the help of Facebook, it has been so much fun to reconnect and pick up where we left off.
I made the wisest choice and got a babysitter on Saturday night. :)  We stopped at a little pub in Brussels for the boys to drink a Westvleteren.  Too bad I was driving!  We have plenty in the basement, but it was fun to enjoy one in the city.
Next stop was the Delirium.  More beer!
Aren't they cute!  I think they enjoyed their vacation away from four busy kiddos at home. :)

On Sunday, we headed off to Brugge.  This city is really a must see in Belgium.  I love everything about it!




A stop at the oldest bridge!
I actually got a shot of it with no one on it!  A small miracle!


I had to get a shot of this shop.  It's a family name!
I just missed the daffodils.  I'll just have to try and see them next year.








I probably need to have a sign like this made for our basement when we move home.
We bought these clay jars that are bird whistles.  Wow!  They are loud.  Brad and Allison are giving it a go.
He is a stinker!

 Just a few more shots of the Grand Place at night.




Our trip to Brugge was on Mother's Day.  These two make me feel like the luckiest mom on Earth!  Love them.

Thank you to Amy and Brad for coming to see us!  It was such a fun weekend, and we look forward to your return.

Until next time,
Wendy



No comments:

Post a Comment