Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A French Connection

Our next set of visitors didn't come to us, but we were more than willing to go to them.  They were in Paris!!  They had a couple days in Paris prior to their river cruise through Europe.  Danielle and I have been friends since college when we met on the ISU Danceline.  Andy, also an ISU grad, was added to the Danceline family in 2001. :) Here is our whirlwind day in Paris on July 6th!

First stop was the Eiffel Tower!  We actually met up on the other side of the river under the tower, but you have to get that great view across the Seine.  No matter how many times I see it, it is still breathtaking.


 I needed an updated picture of the kids in front of the tower.  These make me smile. :)

 Then, we were off to Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur.  What a beautiful site in all it's glory on top of the city.


 We stopped for lunch around the square with the artists.  Well, I guess these two stopped for dessert.

A stroll along the Seine was in order.

The lock bridge near the Louvre.

Making our way to Sainte Chapelle.

20 years of friendship...We are so lucky!

It was so nice to be able to get some family pictures.

Sainte Chapelle
Amazing! 

Next up...Notre Dame!

You can't leave the island of Saint-Louis without having Berthillon ice cream, which is said to be the best ice cream in Paris.  I have to agree! 

Wearing the better part of his ice cream on his shirt.  Yes, they had ice cream twice. :)

Hôtel de Ville

A beautiful walk through the Tuileries.



Love this interpretation of "The Hangover."  Just wondering why they would translate it into English???  And, an English version that doesn't even mean the same thing???

Even more beautiful later in the day.

iPhone Pic
I had this revelation (terrifying realization really) as we drove through the city that I was going to have to drive on the Arc de Triomphe roundabout.  I'll admit I got a little panicky, but it turned out to be a piece of cake.  I was happy to exit at the 5th exit rather than needing to drive all the way around.  Phew!

And, that was our whirlwind day through Paris.  We arrived around 11:15 AM, and we were back on the road headed home around 9:30 PM.  We pulled into the driveway at 12:30 AM.  What a great way to spend a Saturday.

Until next time,
Wendy



No comments:

Post a Comment