Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Friday, August 23, 2013

I've Waited 19 Months for these Visitors!

We have LOVED having visitors!  Each and every one has been so special.  But, there is one visitor I have been so excited to get here....MY SISTER!  Nicole, along with Jenny and Farah booked their trips to Belgium last fall I think it was??  What a long wait! Just four days after I returned from my US trip to see my mom, they were due to arrive.  

First to arrive was Jenny!  Since she had frequent flier miles, her flight arrived the day before Nicole and Farah.  We had a picnic in Tervuren Park after Jenny and Chris went for a run.

Photo bomb by Thomas
And, on Friday morning, Nicole and Farah arrived!  It felt so good to all be together.
Actually, we were missing five of the girls.  The nine of us have been friends since we danced together at ISU.
First on the agenda (after unpacking of course) was a tour of Brussels.  We visited the Grand Place, Manneken Pis, the Sablon and Petit Sablon, the Royal Palace, and St. Michael's Cathedral.
The Grand Place
Manneken Pis
The Petit Sablon

Nice face T :)
Almost as tall as her Aunt Nicole!
Did you know you can't step on the grass in the Petit Sablon??   I didn't know either, but the incessant whistling from an employee in the park alerted me to the fact that I was definitely in the wrong.  I went leaping over the bushes like I was fleeing a college party....not that I know what that would be like.  :)
The Royal Palace
The country was preparing for our new king.  I wish we would have been in town to witness all the hoopla in Brussels.  More on where we were headed in the next post. 
The city was getting all decked out.

St. Michael's Cathedral

A waffle stop...of course!
In an effort to keep the weary travelers awake, we went out to dinner in Hoeilaart.

Then, we made a stop at Chateau de la Hulpe for an after dinner walk.


Time to check in on what was going on at home.

And, that concludes days 1 and 2.  Check back for so much more.  We were very busy travelers!

Until next time,
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Reading this post is like reliving our first day all over again :). The last picture cracks me up- I was totally unaware you even took a picture! (I think we all were...)

    Love and miss you guys!

    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Wendy! So sad I didn't get to meet the crew! Love the pics and the stories.

    ReplyDelete