Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Friday, October 5, 2012

Family Reunion - The end of the 4th grade field trip!

On Monday morning, Thomas left for his 4th grade field trip to PGL in Normandy, France.  The purpose of this field trip was team building and all kinds of adventure!  
Here he is all ready to go.  I'm thankful he will still pose for a picture or two for Mom.  
Each night, the school website was updated with pictures of the kids participating in the daily outdoor, adventure activities.  I was amazed by all of the awesome things the kids were able to try.  They were repelling, flying on the trapeze, walking on a tightrope with the help of their classmates, shooting bow and arrows, a bonfire, and the fun goes on!
And, it looks like there was plenty of mud!

My friend Vivian is a teacher at ISB and was on the trip.  She kept me updated on FB on how Thomas was doing.  One night she told me how proud I would be of him.  While he waited for his friends, he took it upon himself to wipe down the dirty tables his classmates didn't clean.  That warmed my heart and made me so proud!
Finally, he arrived home today (Friday) around 4:45 P.M.  I was so ready to see him!  He chit chatted all the way home about his roommates, the magic tree, great teachers, the activities I listed above, and the mud.  With all of that fun comes some seriously dirty clothes.  To be blunt...he smelled awful, but come to find out it was his shoes!  They smelled so badly from being wet.  When he took them off at home, Allison actually winced at the smell.  They went straight into the wash.  YUCK!!!  And on a side note, they were his "inside" shoes for the trip...that he accidentally wore out on the "mud" day.  Why am I not surprised???
They would never admit it, but they were happy to see each other.
He also came home with a war wound on his face...something about a friend with a stick...the friend didn't get in trouble...and it didn't bleed.  That's as much as I could get.....
I think he grew this week!  The ISB moms are sure happy to have their babes back home safely!

He was pretty quiet the rest of the night.  He watched a movie and then quietly dozed off in the chair.  I think the week of fun took it's toll.  I'm just happy to have him sleeping in his bed tonight.  His room was just too empty.

Until next time,
Wendy




1 comment: