You're in luck! This will be the least wordy post I ever write. Why? Well unfortunately, I was in the US when my family made the trip to the Czech Republic last weekend. We had already planned to go to Prague with the DeKunder family on what turned out to be the weekend of my grandma's funeral. After weighing all of our options, I sent my people to Prague, and I went home. I was so thankful the three of them had a fantastic family to share the weekend with. I knew they were in good hands with these seasoned travelers and friends. Bear with me as I give you the very abbreviated version of the beautiful Prague.
 |
| Here are the travel buddies...the DeKunder family...dear friends from school and church. Many thanks to Staci for several of the pictures. She got some terrific shots! |
 |
| I learned that the youngest DeKunder kept quite close to the younger Vastine. If they should ever decide to get married, we have great wedding video material. |
 |
1. I'm not sure what that face is all about??? 2. Thomas is soaking wet because he stood under a gargoyle that was "throwing up" and was drenched with water. It was a rainy, dreary day but greatly improved the following day. 3. My children are hugging for a picture. Clearly I was not there...that would never happen for a picture for mom. |
 |
| Aren't they cute! They totally got in trouble for this. :) |
 |
| Staci got some really great shots of my kids! |
 |
| In front of the Charles Bridge |
 |
| Enjoying some play time at an island next to Charles Bridge. Thomas was able to spend the night with his friend Patrik on Saturday. They were in the same class at ISB last year, and we were so sad to see them leave Brussels. But now, we have friends in Prague...who have a sauna and indoor swimming pool! Bonus! |
 |
| This is the only Jewish cemetery in Prague which dates back to the 15th century. Since this was the only cemetery where they could be buried, there are 100,000 people buried there with only 12,000 headstones. The people were buried on top of one another due to the lack of space. |
 |
| More wedding video material. :) Dancing in the streets. |
 |
| They ate a delicious American meal at Hard Rock Cafe. They said the building itself was incredible! |
 |
| The astronomical clock |
 |
| Beautiful views! |
 |
| From the top of the astronomical tower. |
 |
| There were dozens of screaming girls in the square. They were petitioning for One Direction to come to Prague. Our girls are NUTS about 1D, so they were super excited. This is a great shot from the tower of the fans below. |
 |
| There was plenty of good food! |
 |
And, an interesting way to get all of the dead stuff off your feet. I will try this some day for sure! :)
I was very sad I wasn't able to join in on this fantastic trip, but I was where I needed to be. I'll get there someday....I hope!
Until next time, Wendy |
No comments:
Post a Comment