Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

International Community Morning

Today, the elementary school at ISB held their annual International Community Morning.  This event celebrates the diversity at our school.  Students rotate to different stations to participate in activities that are presented by the ISB parents (I was Texan line dancing again this year.) :)  From origami to Indonesian music, the students are introduced to activities that are special to our international families at ISB.  And best of all, they get to sample food from all of the countries as well.



Thank you to the Belgians for their amazing waffles! 
Our contribution to the event.  Nothing says USA like brownies topped with candy corn.  I actually can't remember one US dish that was healthy.  And, I think I went above and beyond sharing my candy corn.  It was not easy to watch a fourth grader pick her pumpkin off the brownie and throw it away.  What was that child thinking??? 
Sixth graders!
Trying out a dish from Turkey.
Decked out in our red, white, and blue.  Team USA!
Time for the fourth graders to eat. 

I, once again, felt blessed to be able to be a part of such a special day and celebrate it with my kids.

Until next time,
Wendy


No comments:

Post a Comment