I've now witnessed every season in Belgium, and in my opinion, the winner is AUTUMN! I had this fear, with all the rain, that the leaves would stay green and just fall off with no warning. It has been quite the opposite. Autumn has been a long season of constant change. Just when I think the leaves are as pretty as they can possible get, the colors become even deeper and more vibrant. I traveled with a friend out to Gaasbeek Castle today. We organize events for ISB parents and hoped this would be a great spot to visit. It will be...when it's open. In spite of that, the surrounding grounds were displaying their autumn splendor. That alone was worth the trip!
Fall (called autumn here) has always been my favorite season, and I'm so happy I don't have to miss out on it living oversees. Those that follow me on Instagram, have been bombarded with autumn pictures. And, I've been known to pull the car over to take pictures of trees....just ask my kids. I can see their eye rolling in the rearview mirror with mumblings of, "She's doing it again..." coming from the backseat. I don't care! Because in a few short weeks, we will return to all things being GRAY and DARK. So indulge me while I enjoy the beauty!
Until next time,
Wendy



Oh Wendy - these photos need to be blown up on a wall. You have made ART! I crack up at the kids comments. Mine feel the same but someday they will appreciate your passion for capturing the beauty...the moments...and the memories. I sure could use a chat.
ReplyDeleteSnap away, dear girl, snap away! Your children will come to appreciate your talent and your passion for autumn "down the road!"
ReplyDeleteLove,
Julie
Those pictures of Gaasbeek are gorgeous! That place is so beautiful any time of the year but definitely in the Fall! I was always loved the forest during this time of year too. Enjoy it!!! Keep posting the pics...love to see them!!
ReplyDelete