Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Confessions of a Twilight Fan

Over Christmas break in 2008, I was encouraged to read Twilight.  I admit I was skeptical about a vampire book but was curious about the hype.  The movie had been released, and I wanted to read the book before seeing the movie.  On January 1, 2009, I went to that Twilight movie (by myself) as I had already finished all four books by that point.  I was hooked!  The first movie was pretty simple, but I was completely drawn in and hoped and prayed they would make New Moon into a movie.


Over the next few months, the Twilight frenzy started to take hold of central Illinois and my friends.  I was a big advocate for my friends to read the books.  And, from this crazy fandom brought so many good times to cherish.  We would buy tickets in advance and see the movies on opening night while waiting in crazy, long lines with other nutty fans. 
And of course, we wouldn't see the movie just one time.  Sometimes it was two, three, and maybe four times.  Yikes!

I attended an awesome party thrown by my friend Kristi before seeing New Moon.  It was fantastic.  She had thought of everything when it came to decor, food, take home gifts, etc.  And, it was the start of a Twi-Mom revolution! :)  My sister-in-law's friends were even featured on Oprah as Twi-Moms!

My dear friend Cindy was my birthday buddy and went all out with a Twilight theme in the teacher's lounge.  How thoughtful was that!  I have the greatest friends!
I was so excited to meet Chaske Spencer who plays Sam Uley the head of the wolf pack.  Thomas had his picture taken with him, but Allison wouldn't because she thought he was a real wolf. :)
This is Sherrill, my faithful movie buddy.

We did the movie marathon when Eclipse was released...all three movies in one evening.  Today, in the USA, there are movie marathons for all five movies!  I'm not sure I would be able to walk the next day. :)  This is the year I received my Edward cup.  I was originally given a Jacob cup but kindly asked the man behind the counter to dump it out because it was obvious I was Team Edward.  He just looked at me like I was all kinds of crazy but did as he was told. :)
Dinner at Steak 'N Shake after Breaking Dawn in 2011.
Edward and Bella at the prom...Halloween 2011.  I owed my husband big time for being such a good sport.
She was one cute vampire last year for Halloween.
My sister-in-law, Amy, invited me to a Breaking Dawn event at the House of Blues in Chicago last fall. Amy is the greatest Twilight fan I know!
We got to hear Christina Perry sing "A Thousand Years" and other awesome songs!  What talent!  And, she's a Twilight fan. :)
And, we got to listen to a Q&A with the cast members.  Then we met them after and got all of their autographs (including Christina Perry.)  It was awesome!!!!  
I might have a Twilight Christmas tree....it did make the trip to Belgium and looks fantastic with my Twilight ornaments from Hallmark.
My sister really didn't want to get me this for Christmas.  Edward came to Belgium too. :)
I've always wanted to have a Volvo.  We found this great car when we arrived  here.  I totally didn't realize it is the same car Edward drives in Breaking Dawn 1 and 2.  I promise!  LOL!
Last night was the icing on the cake!  Breaking Dawn 2 in Belgium!...One of the first countries to release the movie!!  What are the chances???  The local folks here are not as enthusiastic about dressing for the movie.  I arrived in my Team Edward shirt, Edward necklace, and bracelet...and I can tell you I was the ONLY one dressed for the occasion.  Oh well!

Thank you to Claire and Lucinda for joining me on opening night.  
Edward with my car. :)  We were able to see the movie in "Original Version" but not without French and Dutch subtitles.  We've become very accustomed to the subtitles.
I know this "obsession" must seem so silly, but over the last four years, these books and movies have brought my friends and I so much happiness.  It's been so much fun and yesterday came and went too quickly.  I'm sad it's all over.  But, now I can look forward to Allison being old enough to read the books and enjoy the movies with her.  

Have fun my friends in the US.  I'm thinking of you all today and this weekend.  Enjoy!!!

Until next time,
Wendy





1 comment:

  1. It was fun and I wanna see it again!!! You are a great Twi-mom!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete