Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Catching Up! How Long Ago Did School Start???

After this post, I will be just a little bit behind.  But right now, I am still blogging about things that happened in AUGUST!  Ugh!  No good!  So, this is going to be a little bit of everything in this post.  It's not even in order....which pretty much sums up our everyday life.  There's just not a whole lot of order because we are busy busy busy!  But, you won't hear any complaints here.  It's all good.

Here we go....the last month in a nutshell!
VBS was held at our church the Saturday before school started.  The theme was Gone Fishing.   Although the group was small, we had a great day praising Jesus!
 School officially started on August 28th.  We have a fifth grader and seventh grader in our house.  Doesn't that sound so old?!?

Grade 5
Grade 7

A very natural reaction to his sister touching him.  God forbid!
That's more like it.
Spending time with friends on the playground after a great first day!

This picture was taken well after the end of the school day.  We surely don't want anyone to see Allison's mom trolling around the middle school taking pictures of her.  How embarrassing! ;)
I don't want to jinx it, but the weather here has been really terrific.  Blue skies have been abundant.  That kind of weather can stick around as long as it wants to.  On a side note, this is my friend Brandi's backyard.  AMAZING!
As soon as the kids were back in school, a group of us went to Antwerp for the day.  We were craving our favorite pizza and shopping was in order.  Perfect day!  Perfect until the two hour traffic jam to get home and the numerous phone calls to the bus company and friends to grab our kids.  We'll be taking the train next time.
Karin is going to kill me, but I think this shot is so hilarious!  Full bellies after our yummy lunch.
Love this group of friends!

Just because she makes me smile.
 In early September, we helped the Kring family move into their new home.  It is awesome, and we love that they are closer to us now.
Moving crew!
Allison started playing soccer for ISB this year.  She is having a great time.  Her last away game was in the Netherlands....pretty cool!  She even spent the night with a host family.  They were very complimentary of her manners and said that anyone would be happy to host her (and she should tell her mom they said that.)  So proud!  Thomas is playing BSA soccer this fall.  More pictures to come in future posts.

Gah!  Looking too old!
 Just before school started, Allison and I joined our friends in Antwerp for the Avett Brothers concert.  I had never heard of them but knew they were a bit like Mumford and Sons.  They were really great, and the whole evening was so much fun!



The girls made their way to the front row and received guitar picks.  They were SO excited!  
Summer violin camp
Last days at the beach.
The boys were laying out and working on their tans....
Moms: "Jack, are you trying to look good for the start of school?"
Jack: "Yes"
Moms: "Thomas, how about you?"
Thomas: "I already look good...."

We're in trouble!
Horseback riding is still going very well.
I'm spending a  lot of time at the American Women's Club now that I'm on the board.  I think we should have some sort of sponsorship from Apple.
Hellllooooo Robert!  I'm enjoying this advertising in Belgium.
 The Belgian Beer weekend came to the Grand Place.  It was perfect timing since it was Lucinda's birthday.

Tokens for paying for beers
Nice surroundings for a beer fest.



The Hints for Living in Belgium class at the AWCB just finished.  We couldn't have done it without the help of our amazing friends.  

And that is the end of August to mid September in a nutshell.  Check back for our visitors.  It's been a crazy and fun couple of weeks.  

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment