Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Day of School!

The school day ended with, "Mom, I have the greatest teacher EVER!"  That made my heart so happy, and I would say that day 1 was a huge success!!  Both kids are excited about their teachers and the kids in their classes.  Here are some of the obligatory first day of school pictures.  
Thomas ~ 4th Grade!
A former student, now in his mid-twenties, pointed out on Facebook that this was the age he was when he walked into my classroom.  Wow!  That puts things into perspective.  



Allison ~ 6th Grade!  This is her last year of elementary school....sniff sniff!  The poor thing was attacked by mosquitos in the night a couple of nights ago.  Her bottom lip and ear are quite swollen. She also had bites all over her neck and ankles.  This is not the look she was going for on the first day of school.


I gasped when I saw this one.  Oh Allison, please stop growing up!!!

I REALLY wanted a picture in front of the sign at school.  So, I made them stand in the median.  They were mortified!  And, the picture didn't turn out anyway because the sun was too bright.  And, I am not complaining about the bright sun one bit!
A shot in front of the chateau after school.
And, the picture in front of the sign finally worked after school. :)  Right after this, Allison lost a tooth...her second one this week.  It was a very eventful day!

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment