Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Monday, August 27, 2012

SonGames 2012

Our church, the International Protestant Church, hosted the SonGames!  We loved the Olympic theme for this years VBS.  Nothing makes me happier than watching a group of young people share their faith with each other and singing praises to Jesus!  What a great way to spend a Saturday!


We just moved into this church location this summer.  Our congregation shares the space with a Catholic congregation.  It was fun to spruce it up with our VBS decor.
The sixth graders of the church serve as volunteers for VBS.  Allison was given the role of Tumbelina, the spunky gymnast, who works hard to unite Team Smallvania.  To say she made me proud would be an understatement.  I sat back and watched my girl take on a whole new role of  a leader.  She embraced her part on stage, helped with music, and rotated around to the groups to see who needed help.  It was like she grew up overnight.  I had this glimpse into the future, and I think we're going to be okay. :) 
Thomas was part of team Red-S-A.  They made up that cool name all by themselves! ;)
The actors...what a great group!
Super cute snacks!  That is a pretzel rod with cream cheese bagels on the end.  Adorable!!! 


I helped with storytelling.  Thank you First Mennonite Church for the tunic inspired from VBS about three years ago.  This was a shower curtain in its past life. :)
Look out!  She has the microphone!
Sharing their team flag.
Love that face!



"Thanks be to God!" He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Until next time,
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the fabulous photos of your VBS! Maybe Allison and Thomas will be leading VBS at FMC in the future!?!? Blessings to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy...I savored this post. I agree with Julie- we have new blood for leadership...and they have so much passion. I teared up to see the pictures of them serving. "Taking the torch" and carrying the light of the gospel.

    Give them my love!

    ReplyDelete