Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Le Palais Royal de Bruxelles

While the royals are away, the commoners will play!  
The Royal Palace in Brussels is open for just over a month from the end of July until September 9th.  This proved to be a terrific way to end our summer vacation.  What a beautiful place!!!  The pictures will speak for themselves.  Thank you again Staci for the invite.  We are so happy we went along!

Allison and Ella 
The entrance to the palace. 

I'm thankful I do not have to clean the chandeliers!
Our assumption was this was Murano glass from Venice, Italy...with all of the Venice paintings surrounding it???  If only I had spent that euro on the palace guide.  Darn!
My favorite room!  AMAZING!  Of course, I like the way my iPhone picture turned out rather than this one.  Check it out on Facebook.



This ceiling and chandelier were created with 1.4 million shell casings of Thai jewel beetles.  Yep, you read that correctly.  It was beautiful, but it still gave me the creeps!
Crafts in the "beetle room".



All of the kiddos!


I still walk around the city in awe and think to myself...I can't believe I live here.

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment