I think I'm back in business. I've tried for days to upload pictures to the blog with no success. FINALLY, it worked, so I have a lot of catching up to do before my sister and friends arrive at the end of the week.
After our girl's trip to London, Lucinda wanted to take her family to Paris as well. She was able to get tickets on the Thalys (high speed train) for just 50 euros, so of course Ericka, Claire, and I said we would join in on the fun. This was also a great "last hurrah" before Claire's departure. So, back on June 11th we headed to Paris for a day trip.
We decided to hire a guide for a walking tour of the outside of Notre Dame, the rest of the island, a walk through the grounds of the Louvre, Tuileries, past the Opera House, and to the Printemps Department Store for a great view of the Eiffel Tower. I walk fast...really fast. But, this guide was faster. Wow! It was quite a workout! :)
 |
| Love the doors of Notre Dame |
 |
| The magnificent rose windows |
 |
| Our guide explained that this area above the center door was Jesus in the middle, Heaven on the left, and Hell on the right. The people in the middle are being led into Hell. I had never really noticed the expressions on the statues. It's really very dramatic. |
If my memory serves me correctly, this was the song street. People would sing on this street years ago. Clearly, it wasn't designed for an SUV. And, for those of you that do not know Claire....she is a tiny little thing!
 |
| Lucinda is TALL! But, this door is not tall at all. :) |
 |
| Strolling through the flower market. |
 |
| A view of the apartments along the Seine. Wouldn't that be fabulous!?! A girl can dream. |
 |
| A very typical scene in Paris. |
 |
| It's posted...but people don't follow the rules. Gag! |
 |
| This lock made us all chuckle. Not love you forever but BIG LOVE FOR EVER! :) |
 |
| The Tuileries |
Last stop on the walking tour was the Printemps Department Store. What a fantastic view of the Eiffel Tower!
 |
| The whole group! |
 |
| Ericka and I....Love this shot for our WE Photography site. |
Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur.
 |
| Claire, Lucinda, Shayla, and Renae. |
The Eiffel Tower
 |
| Shayla, Lucinda, and Renae |
 |
| Claire, Lucinda, and Me |
The Arc du Triomphe
 |
| I never include the pictures that don't turn out, but this one was too good to pass up. LOL! |
 |
| My dear friends....we caught up with Ericka after she had an awesome piece of art made for her hubby for Father's Day. |
 |
| Yep, I stood in the middle of the street to get this pic. |
iPhone Pictures
 |
| First photo of the day! |
 |
| Oh, just a little somethin' I thought about taking home. Ha! Right! |
 |
| Claire and Lucinda bought art from this talented artist. |
 |
| Missing this girl already! :( |
 |
| How lucky am I to have found such great friends! |
It was a lovely day in Paris! I never grow tired of this city, and I am fortunate to visit two more times this summer. I can't wait!
Until next time,
Wendy
No comments:
Post a Comment