Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Checking Off Another Country ~ Germany!

After our 20 hour Venice day, we decided to take it easy on Wednesday.  By taking it easy, I mean driving to Germany. :)  The adorable town of Monschau is only about 90 minutes away. Basically, we drove there for lunch.  But, the girls can say they visited Germany.  Check!



Monschau is adorable.  This quaint little town always gives us our Germany fix.  Old buildings, good food, beautiful views, the sound of the rushing water from the river...It's perfect.


This guy thinks he is supposed to be in the picture.

I would drive there just for this! 


It doesn't even look real.  It was so nice to be here on a sunny day.  I usually visit in pouring rain, freezing temps, or dark cloudy skies.




We just didn't find a good spot for a look out.  I wish we had more time.
 But, we had to get going.  We had chocolate to buy at the Neuhaus Outlet.
I know how much Nicole loves this picture, so I thought I should include it.

All you can eat!  I'm not kidding!

Dinner that night was in Leuven, Belgium.
I love this shot!  Great job, Allison!
 Time for some family pictures.  
My mom is going to get all sad when she sees how tall Allison is next to Nicole.  Don't be sad, Mom!  

I learned on a tour that many, many people have tried to climb through the "needle" (part of a statue on a square in Leuven.) Sorry you can't see the giant beetle on top.  Anyway, Nicole was going to prove them wrong and show that she could fit through the needle.  Wrong-o!

Monschau flashback
The girls really didn't get to see the spectacular views of Monshau from above.  Here are a couple from our first trip.  It's a little shocking to see how much the kids have grown since we got here.  Yikes!


And, that concludes our little trip to Germany.  Where in the world will we be tomorrow???  You'll just have to wait and see!

Until next time,
Wendy

1 comment: