I do realize this has become the longest cruise EVER. I just can't seem to lump the days together and do it justice. So, here goes day four! On Wednesday, we stopped in Athens, Greece. We did a walking tour of the Acropolis.
| First view of the ruins |
| There it is! The Parthenon! And, it was amazing. Construction started in 447 BC. I can't even wrap my brain around that! |
| I'm glad we did a morning tour because that blazing sun got hotter and hotter as the day went on. |
| The view from the Acropolis |
| Good perspective on size. It is really massive! |
![]() |
| Whoa! Better not push that too hard. |
| What a view! |
Next up was a stop at Olympic Stadium! This is the site of the first modern Olympic Games in 1896!
| I wonder who has stood on those platforms? |
Lunch! Yum!!!
| Huh??? |
![]() |
| The view on our walk leaving Starbucks. |
| Shoes anyone? |
On to the Temple of Zeus.
| A view of the Acropolis from the Temple of Zeus. |
| Oops! Wasn't me! |
And, then back at the ship....
| Holding his sister under the water. |
| Enjoying the sun. |
| And Starbucks! |
| I wonder if he REALLY knows how lucky he is??? |
Dinner time!
| We think he ate approximately 30 sour dough rolls throughout the week. |
| So long Athens! |
| The kids loved this towel guy. |
| And, we all loved the ice show. It was really good! |
| A great day in Athens! Next stop is Ephesus, Turkey! Until next time, Wendy |




I am so jealous right now I could just about die. If we show up there next summer I am most definitely talking my mom into going to Greece!!!
ReplyDeleteLove Leksi