Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Last Stop ~ Paris, France (Day 2)

Saturday morning was full steam ahead.  We arrived at Notre Dame Cathedral about 15 minutes before the 10:00 opening time to get in line for the rooftop tour.  This is one of my favorite things to do in Paris.  The views are terrific, and I adore the gargoyles.  

Any view with the Eiffel Tower is a winner for me!

My sissy :)
 I love this shot of Jenny.
Beautiful rooftop views

She's a beauty!
 Next stop was Sainte Chapelle.  This stained glass cathedral is breathtaking.

 Strolling through the streets of Paris.

We may have made a stop at Longchamp. :)

What a beautiful day to visit the Tuileries.  Okay, it looked beautiful, but by this point I was MELTING.  Gah!  It was HOT!




We were zigzagging through the city, and had to head back to Notre Dame to see the inside.



After dinner (where I didn't take pictures because we were all sweating to death while eating outside,) we stopped at Ladurée for their famous macarons.

A short ride on the Hop On Hop Off bus.


Last stop was an evening boat tour along the Seine.  The sunset was amazing!


Just as we approached the Eiffel Tower, it started to twinkle.  It was a unanimous "ooh and ahh" from the crowd on the boat.  What great timing!

iPhone pics...of course!
Top of Notre Dame
A view from the Orsay Museum.  I LOVE this clock.  I have no other pictures to post as you are not supposed to take pictures inside the museum (this spot is okay though.)  Tell that to the 30 people I saw taking pictures throughout the museum.  Annoying!
More macarons
Treasures
Little treasure
Boat tour

Stay tuned for our last day in Paris.  

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment