The first day on the cruise was great, and we didn't really go anywhere. I guess that's saying something. We opted to take a train out to the port of Civitavvechia. It was about an hour and fifteen minute ride and so much cheaper than private transport. I was a little nervous about it, but it all worked out okay.
Here is our stateroom. It was really a nice size. I didn't feel claustrophobic at all. And, I was pretty sure I would.
We had a balcony, which was really nice. It made the room feel even bigger.
As suggested by people who have cruised before, we packed our swimsuits in our backpacks. Bags are not delivered to the staterooms until later in the day, and you certainly don't want to waste all of that sun.
Here's the first of about 100 ice cream cones. Self serve and free. Thomas was all over that!
At 5:00 PM, we set sail for Sicily. We would not arrive until the next morning. We loved hanging out on the deck and watching the water go by. So relaxing!
| That's a big ship! |
![]() |
| We were amazed by the beauty of the ship. |
We loved our first night in the dining room. Our servers knew our names when we sat down and made the whole experience so enjoyable.
| Nice view |
Our activity after dinner was mini golf on the back deck of the ship. The kids loved it!
Stay tuned for our first port of call!
Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:
Post a Comment