We are home safe and sound from our first spring break adventure in Europe. We decided to do a driving tour of parts of Germany and Austria. After many hours of planning, I prayed we had reservations at the hotels we showed up at each night. I could just see us going to the wrong hotel on the wrong night. But, sure enough...it turned out perfectly. Phew! Before our tour could begin, we had a very important holiday to celebrate, and that of course, was Easter.
Here are the kids looking for their baskets. Allison's was hidden in the bathtub, and Thomas finally found his in his wardrobe.
 |
| Here's our little family at church. I loved their Easter tradition of having the families decorate the cross with flowers. It was beautiful. |
 |
| These two are growing up too quickly. On a side note, I tried to improve Thomas' hair with a little trim at home...poor buddy is suffering with some really bad bangs. We are going to have to call in some professional help. |
 |
| And we're off! Those were some cramped quarters in the back of the car. They are used to plenty of space in our minivan back in the States complete with built in DVD player and wireless headphones. But I was so proud of them because they never complained. I forgot the portable DVD player, so they entertained themselves with iPod Touches, games, reading, and annoying each other for 20+ hours on the trip. |
 |
| First stop...Legoland in Günzburg, Germany! This was really fun. The Lego displays were so impressive, but I have to say the rides were a little young for our kids. These two ride Expedition Everest, so they are seasoned roller coaster riders. This was a little more geared to the 5-7 year old audience. But, they didn't care. They had a ton of fun, and even rode the water rides in the rain! |
 |
| Neuschwanstein Castle all made of Legos! And, it was freezing. I packed a different coat for Allison, but I'm about ready to burn Thomas' coat. He is wearing it in nearly every picture since we arrived in Belgium. |
 |
| The Star Wars section was amazing! |
 |
| This little castle was great and housed our favorite roller coaster. The ride broke while we were on it. Allison and I had the front car. We waited several minutes for the technicians to fix it while we sat on the ride. In true European fashion, they sent our group on the test run. I'm happy to report that the ride was in working order, and more importantly we survived! |
 |
| Alliance Arena...and Flat Stanley. We have two Stanleys with us right now. They are quite exhausted from the trip. This Lego design has more than 30,000 Lego people! |
 |
| Hahahaha! I just thought these signs were too funny! |
 |
| More Star Wars Legos. I was in Star Wars Heaven. They had scenes from every movie. From Episode IV, they highlighted Tatooine. The little band in the bar played their tune and even moved. The Tuscan Raiders, Banthas, and Jawas were all represented. It was too cool...I know...Big Star Wars Nerd!!! |
 |
| After Legoland, we headed south for Füssen, Germany (Bavaria). This is a little town near Neuschwanstein Castle. Here is the beautiful view as we drove to Bavaria. This was the first time our kids have seen the mountains, so they were in awe! I've seen mountains, and even I was in awe, but I had to keep my eyes peeled to the road. Remember, no speed limit in Germany, and I was flying'! :) |
 |
| A family here in Belgium, with CAT, recommended a great Italian restaurant in Füssen, and it was delicious! The kids were too excited about the milkshakes! |
 |
| Our quaint little hotel in Füssen. This town was a lot of fun. I would have liked a little time to shop. :) |
 |
And here is our room. Not exactly a USA hotel room, but that was the fun part!
I took 1,200+ pictures on this trip, so it is going to take me some time to get all of this posted. Tomorrow, I will take you to Neuschwanstein Castle. You'll get to see the beautiful side, as well as the scaffolding side....grrrrr....more on that tomorrow!
Until next time, Wendy |
No comments:
Post a Comment