It's hard to believe that in just over two hours, we arrived at Keukenhof. This beautiful park is in Holland (aka the Netherlands), and has been one of the most popular destinations in this country for the last 60 years. There are over seven million flowers for visitors to feast their eyes on. My pictures will never do this place justice, but here are a few for you to enjoy.
| I think this is one of my favorites of the day! |
| My boys were very good sports about looking at flowers all day. |
| Instead of these, we bought some little wooden shoes for our Christmas tree, and the kids got keychains. There was a shoemaker who was personalizing them. They are perfect! |
| There was a petting zoo. I was pretty sure Thomas was going to try to take the calf home. He loved having this little pig run between his legs. |
| We took a boat ride through the canals and flower fields. |
| I swear they are real! |
| The stepping stones. This caused a little anxiety for the moms. Who would fall in first?? Luckily, no one did. |
![]() |
| I knew I liked these...they are called "Mickey Mouse". |
| I love this shot. Check out the background. It's like "Where's Waldo?" |
| Absolutely breathtaking! |
![]() |
| I made them tiptoe through the tulips. :) |
![]() |
I have hundreds more to show you. I'll post on Shutterfly and Facebook too. Another stop we can check off the list. But, I fully intend to go back again. Shhhh...don't tell Chris. :)
Until next time,
Wendy










Wow! Such beautiful flowers! Love all of the pictures...especially seeing Thomas without his red coat sporting his new hair cut! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous Wendy - Keukenhof was one of our favorite places to visit when we lived in The Netherlands. And as you found too, the flower fields in the area around Keukenhof are simply amazing. It's great to see how much you are getting out to explore - thanks for sharing your adventures. Makes me long to get back.
ReplyDeleteSeriously ..
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing, breathtaking, gorgeous! Tulips r my absolute favorite and to see them in this quantity and grandeur is simply awesome! What fantastic photos....of the flowers and all of you guys. The kids look so cute! Can't wait to see the other ones! Xo
Wendy - Great photos! We went 3 years ago while visiting my brother, who lived in Amsterdam at the time. It was amazing. It's great how much your family has seen in only 4 months!
ReplyDeleteSarah
A very happy belated birthday to Chris, and such glorious photos, Wendy! Thank you for sharing them with all of us!! Allison, those wooden shoes look like boats on your little feet, and is Thomas sporting a new coat? (I remember a previous comment mom had made about the other coat.) We sure miss you at FMC!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Julie