Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Today, Chris turned the big 3-8!  Aside from a full work day of 9-5 (boo), he had a great day of celebrating.

A special message to Daddy on his big day.  She made him a poster and a sweet card too.
So excited to watch Daddy open his gifts.  He wanted a new backpack since his pack was called a "murse" in another post (not by me!)  This one looks more manly.  And, ignore the pink tissue paper and polka dot bag...I have a limited supply of gift bags here. 


Have I mentioned that Chris is a coffee snob?  Well, we have a coffee pot, and it works perfectly fine.  But, he wanted something a little fancier.  Not sure this Braun coffee pot is much fancier (???), but it better work well for 92 USD.  In my opinion, it is very basic for that kind of money, but then again, I'm not a coffee drinker...or a snob. ;)

We had dinner at our little café in Hoeilaart.  It's a simple little place where everyone knows your name. Okay, they don't know our names, but they sure are nice and friendly...and they speak English.
After dinner, it was time for cake!  I have to purchase the cake mix and frosting at the American store in Antwerp.  You just can't find those luxuries at a Belgian grocery store.

Oh yes, that is a beer mug on the cake.  Look out Cake Boss. :)  Allison started the decorating, but gave up quickly.
Look at Thomas...I don't think he could love his Daddy more.  
My three loves

The birthday wouldn't be complete without a chat on Skype with his twin.  Happy Birthday to Jerry too!

Thank you for all of the calls and Facebook messages.  I know he felt very loved today.

Until next time,
Wendy



2 comments:

  1. So glad he had a good birthday! Great job on the cake! :) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing Chris's birthday with us. I love all of you so much and miss you so much.

    ReplyDelete