Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

ISB ~ 3rd Grade Pentathlon

I had the opportunity to volunteer for the third grade pentathlon held this afternoon at ISB.  My job was to hand out the placement cards to the kids as they finished two laps on the 350m track.  It was super easy which is fine by me! :)  The other events included a 100m and 50m dash, the long jump, and a ball toss.  It was a ton of fun and didn't rain!

Please pardon these photos.  They are in no particular order, and I've earned quite the headache trying to make them cooperate.  
Thomas starting the second lap of the long run.  He placed second in his class and in the top five overall in the third grade.  I think we may have another runner in the family. 
And, the 100m dash.  What a hot shot!
The third grade kiddos doing their warm up lap.  They all look so cute in their Nike PE uniforms.
The start of the two lap race.  Can you see the determination on that face?
And finally, the ball toss.  He threw that ball 27m!  Too bad he doesn't want to play baseball anymore, and he was too big to be a quarterback in JFL.  What a waste! :)

I was really proud of my little man today.  Thank you for allowing me to share his successes with you.

Until next time,
Wendy

3 comments: