Our adventure day was a bit different this week. After all, we are moms and things like doctor appointments and vet appointments must take precedence over fun. But, our adventure day yesterday was exactly what I love about this group. We really don't have to do anything! It's just about being together and laughing, sharing, relating, empathizing, supporting, etc. You see...life here in itself is an adventure and sharing it with others in the same boat is therapeutic. How lucky am I that I have already met so many terrific, life-long friends here in Belgium. I feel very blessed!
 |
| We decided to have lunch at The American Women's Club of Brussels. This is where we all met in our "Hints" class. Gretchen and I will actually be running the Hints class in the fall. We are nervous about it, but we know we have the support of so many awesome ladies at the Club who are always willing to assist where needed. The café at the Club is a nice place to meet and enjoy some delicious food! And, everything is in English! We hogged one of the tables for about two hours sharing stories of mice in blankets, snakes in mini blinds, owls in fireplaces ;), strep throat, doctor visits, and the list goes on. There were a number of times I laughed so hard I was in tears. And, that's the best kind of laugh. Then there was some Sweet Baby Rays for Ericka (because I know she loves it) and delicious Belgian chocolates for everyone to enjoy (thank you Ericka.) There weren't too many left when we were done with them...except for the alcohol ones...since they actually had a shot of alcohol inside the chocolate. LOL! |
 |
| The Club regularly has artwork of local artists on display. I really loved these paintings of storefronts around the Brussels area. But, the cheap side of me came out, and I had to pass. You watch, this artist will be hanging in the Louvre some day, and my family will be cursing my name for not buying one! |
 |
| Thank you iPhone for the lovely shot of the American Women's Club. I had to wait until we were leaving to get this shot because it was raining and hailing when I arrived....ahhhhh Beligum in June. Thanks to all of my friends from Morton who have lived in Belgium and recommended I find this place right away. |
 |
| There just happened to be an extra Polish pottery open house, so we HAD to go! I found this cute mug, complete with spoon, for my sister. She is the coffee addict in the family, and I thought it would look darling on her desk next school year. We stopped at our favorite decor place that I mentioned a few weeks back. There were a couple smaller treasures that were purchased, but I still have my eye on a sofa table. We'll have to see about that. |
 |
And finally, and completely unrelated to the Adventure Club is this.....these are the slugs in Belgium. They are all over the sidewalk when it's wet, so they are pretty much there all the time. And, they are huge! Yuck!!! Of course, Thomas thinks they are pretty cool!
Until next time, Wendy |
Eeeewww...we have some different bugs on our street. They are huge and round! SO gross!
ReplyDeleteOkay, your post...Thanks for the Sweet Baby Ray's. I'm making BBQ chicken tomorrow. My family is loving you right now:) I had a great time on Tuesday just relaxing. I'll miss you gals when I head back to the US!
Thank you again for the mug! I love it and can't wait to use it! More than anything, I can't wait for you to be home in a month! Miss you so much it hurts!!!
ReplyDelete