What do you get when you have a Brit, German, Slovenian, and three Americans?....a really, really good time and probably too much money spent! I thoroughly enjoyed myself this weekend on a trip to London for nothing more than shopping and seeing a musical. There was absolutely no sightseeing, so it's a good thing we just took a family trip there last month, or I would have been chomping at the bit to see Big Ben. But, there was no time for that because Oxford Street, Regent Street, and Covent Garden were the destinations of choice. Here are some pics of the fun-filled, relaxing, and girls only weekend!
 |
| Olympic fever is in the air! My kids were excited about their official Olympic t-shirts and keychains they received from Mom's shopping trip. |
 |
| St. Pancras hotel and train station. So beautiful! |
 |
| Saturday night, we saw Rock of Ages! It was FANTASTIC! I am an 80's music lover, so it was my cup of tea. I will absolutely make sure that Chris sees this on stage. I'm sure it will renew his faith in musical theater as Rent and Les Miserables are not among his favorites. What is wrong with this man??? It should be noted that I haven't had a haircut in six months...hence the frequent ponytail in pictures. In the states, it was pushing it if I waited six weeks between cuts. I'm going a little nutty with it, and it's going to be time to break down and make the call. |
 |
| All the girls! |
 |
| The kids would have been REALLY bored on this trip, but it was paradise for the moms! |
 |
| The hats and fascinators were so much fun. This little number was over 100 USD. I totally wish I could get away with this in Belgium or the USA. I think I'm going to start the trend. ;) I better see about getting a waterproof one for Belgium... |
 |
| Shopping at Covent Garden was fun! It was filled with markets. There were handbags, framed prints, jewelry, crafts, giant framed bugs. You name it...they had it! |
 |
| Off to the GAP, Banana Republic, and souvenir shops. I never thought I would find the right t-shirt in Thomas' size. His mother really loves him! And, I never get tired of the red phone booth. They had all different decorated booths around the city, so I have many phone booth shots from the weekend, but I will spare you. :) |
 |
| I wonder if anyone has ever made it big from this school??? My guess is...no. |
 |
| All decked out! |
 |
| Shopping on Oxford Street on Saturday. It was crazy busy! |
 |
| Leicester Square |
 |
Kings Cross Station
It was a fantastic weekend! Thanks girls for making me a part of it!
Until next time, Wendy |
No comments:
Post a Comment