Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Thursday, June 7, 2012

M and M in Antwerp!

Today's stop was Antwerp, Belgium...the Diamond capital of the World!  There were no diamonds purchased today, but we did see some other lovely sites.  



Standing in front of Brabo Fountain.

The town hall 
Strolling through the Grote Markt...Markt is not a typo. :) 
Cute bikes!

Checking out the waterways and the pier.

Steen Castle...turned out to have just a restaurant inside.
This might be the perfect job for me...I love to vacuum, and that is quite a vacuum!

The National Bank of Belgium was beautiful!
Even cuter!  This was in the Groenplaats square.
We took a sightseeing tour from here.  At first we spent a lot of time traveling down alley ways, but it did improve with riding through the shopping district of town.  Not sure I can say it was worth the 6 euros.
It was fun to have Amy join us today!

It's raining a lot this week.  There are times I can't believe how much it rains here.  If you don't embrace the weather, then you can become a hermit.  At least they are getting out there and enjoying themselves. 
This was cute at first, but then I had visions of eyes poked out and put a stop to it.  Someone has to be no fun!
My little Harry Potter was making quite the potion.

My mom made a great dinner of pork chops, potatoes, green beans, and apple crisp for dinner.  I don't have any pictures of it, but I can assure you it was delicious.  My family ate like they have been starving to death.  I swear I do feed them, but apparently it isn't quite that good.

Until next time,
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment