Vastine AdVentures

Vastine AdVentures

Friday, June 8, 2012

M and M and Some Last Minute Stops

At my mom's request, it was back to the Grand Place to stock up on some goodies for friends and family. Trust me when I say that all of you back home will be fat and happy with the amount of chocolate this dear woman is bringing home to you. :)

Thank you sweet sunshine for taking a brief moment to shine so beautifully on the buildings of the Grand Place. 
Manneken Pis was just "beachy keen" with his surfboard and swim shirt.  Clearly, board shorts would interfere with the pis part. 
And, of course, there were more waffles.  If you come across this place next to Manneken Pis, you won't be disappointed. 
Mike has been such a trooper this whole trip.  He has gone along with everything we have wanted to do, so it was necessary to make a stop at the Delirium CafĂ© just for him.  In 2004, this bar became a part of the Guinness Book of World Records with 2004 beers for sale.  
That is one happy camper!
There were 25 beers on tap, while the cave in the basement offers a massive selection of bottled beer.
Mike opted for the Delirium's beer.  He said it was pretty good, but Westvleteren is still better. 

I loved the serving trays on the ceiling.  The beer decor was very cool.  It was a little like a beer museum with the stench of a college bar.
Off to lunch at a restaurant on the Grand Place. 

I don't have pictures of the extraordinary amount of chocolate my mom purchased.  You'll just have to take my word for it.  I hope it all fits in her luggage...well maybe I should hope it doesn't. :)

Until next time,
Wendy

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like another great trip. I hope my name is written all over as least one of the pieces of chocolate. lol

    ReplyDelete