Being a part of this expat community has allowed us the opportunity to meet some really amazing people. But, with this expat life comes the sad moments of saying goodbye.
| I just love this shot of Allison and Ella...school and church friends. Thankfully, they are only parting for the summer. |
| Thomas' friend Patrik is moving to Prague. We are hoping to see them in October when we travel there for a long weekend. |
| Christen and family are headed back to live in the USA. We sure will miss them, but at least there is an opportunity to see them once we are home! |
| Two out of four of these boys are leaving Brussels for good. It's not often you see nine year old boys hugging on the playground. |
| Thomas is going to miss Patrik's little brother too. |
| Thomas and Caio are such good buds. Caio is off to China. :( |
| This is Patrik's mom Minna...we are both trying hard to smile. It was very emotional. Love her! |
| Adriana and Allison...she belongs to Christen (see above), and the girls already have plans to meet at AG in Chicago. |
After reading your blog I have tears in my eyes and almost sobbing...saying goodbye is never easy! It reminds me of my dear friends from all over the country that I had to say goodbye to. It also is a great reminder to keep in touch with them and also with this sweet friend who lives in another country I can only dream of living in..and that would be you, Miss Wendy! Miss you and love you! Sending you some hugs across the miles!
ReplyDeleteOh, what a sweet comment! Thank you. Miss you too, but I will see you in 3 weeks! Yay!!!! Hugs right back to you!
DeleteYou make me look good in that picture, Wendy! SO glad to have you all as friends! Just remember, after summer comes some very fun adventures!!
ReplyDeleteOh please! You need no help in looking good my friend. I can't wait for our upcoming adventures!
Delete