We were off to Leuven, Belgium today! This is one of my favorite towns....maybe it's the movie theater, the great shopping, or the fact that it's a college town? Not sure what it is, but I really love spending time here. It's always bustling, and another sunny day made it that much better.
 |
| Before I arrived in Belgium, this is exactly how I pictured it! |
After our little tour of town, it was off to the Stella Brewery (InBev)! I have to thank my friend Claire for setting up this tour for us. She was incredibly helpful, and it was such a highlight of the trip for Mike. Thank you, Claire!!! We really appreciate it!
 |
| Someone else was pretty happy about the tour too! Doesn't he look so handsome in that neon vest. :) Safety first! |
 |
| This brewery produces 2.4 BILLION glasses of beer each year. That's a lot of beer! I was trying to take notes (Ha!) on all of this interesting info while standing in a room that was 122 degrees, so I was melting, but I sure know a lot about brewing beer now! |
 |
| They referred to this room as "paradise". My sister said that Mike must have felt like he was touring Heaven today. :) Being in the beer business, this was a really fun tour for him. |
 |
| I try very hard to like beer...but it's just not happening for me. Blah! |
 |
| I do, however, enjoy taking pictures of beer. :) |
 |
| Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! First to finish her glass. |
 |
| Parting gifts |
 |
The ultimate tourist!
When we got home, there was more beer to taste. Chris and Mike enjoyed some Westvleteren, and we ate the most delicious steaks for dinner. We are loving our new grill! It's off to Paris tomorrow. I have a feeling I might like this city just a little bit. See you Sunday night!
Until next time, Wendy |
Looks like everyone had a great time!!!
ReplyDeleteExcited to see and hear all about Paris!!!
I'm so glad you all had a good time touring the Stella brewery! It was my pleasure!
ReplyDelete