Good Morning Paris! It wasn't a sun shiny morning, but it wasn't raining. It would be hard to live up to Saturday's weather, but we were in Paris, so I am not complaining!
 |
| Check out that little bitty cup of coffee. Chris is missing his giant cups of American coffee. |
 |
| On our walk to the Louvre, we stopped at a bakery for breakfast. I could eat a chocolate croissant everyday! |
 |
| Did you know the Louvre is free on the first Sunday of the month!?! Thanks to Rick Steeves we found out this little tidbit of information. There are a lot of other Rick readers out there as well, as all of Paris was at the Louvre on Sunday morning. The line was around the courtyard with the pyramid, then around the next courtyard, and out along the street. But, we only waited an hour. We really thought it would be a lot worse! |
 |
| Ahhhh....beautiful! Pinch me...I'm really here!!! |
 |
| Here's the line in the second courtyard. |
 |
| Such a beautiful view, and all he can see is his iPod Touch. Kids these days! :) |
 |
| Entertaining all of us! |
 |
| Finally at the entrance! Just as we were ready to enter, there was a lady taking pictures around us who casually slipped into line like she had been standing there all along. She had a young girl about Thomas' age with her. You could see how uncomfortable the girl was. I was fuming because what a terrible example she was for her daughter. My kids are learning so much about what not to do in life! |
 |
| Inside the pyramid! |
 |
| I was very moved by seeing art that I had only seen in pictures before. There were a number of times I was moved to tears. |
Here she is!!! Allison just kept saying, "I can't believe I am looking at the Mona Lisa!" And, she can't wait to tell her friend Kevin L. that she saw her in person. Apparently, Kevin is a huge fan because Allison mentioned it no less than 10 times.
 |
To say this area was madness would be an understatement. Makes you feel sorry for all of the other paintings in the gallery. They weren't getting a whole lot of attention.
|
Venus de Milo
 |
| Sillies! |
 |
| We enjoyed the Louvre, and we will be sure to hit the Orsay and l'Orangerie museums on our next trip. There is just so much to see. It's unbelievable how much this city has to offer! |
 |
| We had lunch across from the Louvre. |
 |
| Here's my view of the Louvre at lunch. |
 |
| Crepes and frites...not a bad combination! |
 |
| The food was yummy, and the staff was terrific! Be sure to check it out if you are visiting! |
 |
| Next, we were off to Sacre Coeur. It is really beautiful! |
 |
| And, the view is terrific! |
 |
What a wonderful weekend! I absolutely cannot wait to go back. If you come to Belgium for a visit, you can guarantee that I will talk you into a visit to Paris. :)
Until next time, Wendy |
What fun to experience a bit of Paris through your camera lens, Wendy! So glad to see that your family is having such a memorable time!!
ReplyDeleteThank You for the Paris Adventure, the pics were great. Looks like everyone is enjoying!!!! Happy and Safe Travels!!!!
ReplyDelete